IGNORED

Burial - Street Halo

Guest Archrival

MP3s and WAVs are now available on the Hyperdub website. I'm currently at work, so I cannot listen to the samples and compare the quality of Street Halo to the vinyl rip. If anyone does download from here then please let me know if there is a difference in quality, and how the MP3s are encoded.

I ordered the WAV files half an hour ago, but haven't received them yet. Frustrating.

Anybody else having the same problem?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Budoc

I tried ordering the mp3s, and I got a receipt from paypal but no mp3s! :trap:

nice. so they really want people to steal this instead of buy it. :facepalm:

Hmm. I'll hold off ordering it for now, so I don't run into the same issue or add to the problems that Hyperdub must be having. If all else fails, I could always get it from Bleep later.

Guest Budoc

I just bought the wavs from the hyperdub site, no problems at all. :shrug:

How does Street Halo compare with the vinyl rips that are circulating? Is the distortion and crackling due to poor mastering, or is it intentional?

How does Street Halo compare with the vinyl rips that are circulating? Is the distortion and crackling due to poor mastering, or is it intentional?

Sounds like it should to me mate. Stop fannying about and get them. :whistling:

i got the mp3's no probs, sounding lush. Am really liking this still very much burial but think there is a few slight developments in his style and think the drums are more interesting than on most of his other stuff.

And yeah there is vinyl type crackle all over it! but aint there always with Burial!? not heard the vinyl rips so cant compare but from a mastering point of view the 1st track dont really sound any different from the other 2?

Guest Budoc

Sounds like it should to me mate. Stop fannying about and get them. :whistling:

Oh, I plan to as soon as I knock off work for the evening :emotawesomepm9:

boom click ba pokloklokpaTAK boom click ba pokloklokpaTAK boom click ba pokloklokpaTAK boom click ba pokloklokpaTAK

in the words of mcgriff;

don't care

hot

yea I wouldn't be caught dead listening to any of this before and now I can't get enough. especially that double "clop clop" on street halo when tbe main beat kicks in.

judging by the way his other stuff sounds most likely, i remember even the CD version of his first self titled lp being pretty scratchy sounding

nahhh

the A-side of this is badly cut - not crackly. it's loud and distorty. not nice crackle, bad crackle/fuzz/clip.

i'm hoping the digitals won't exhibit the same issue. not a hope that it's a 'supposed to sound this way' thing.

yea I wouldn't be caught dead listening to any of this before and now I can't get enough. especially that double "clop clop" on street halo when tbe main beat kicks in.

I'm curious if you've gone back and listened to his 2 albums again, or are you just strictly talking about this new E.P. I think it's always interesting when someone changes their mind about music. It's just.. well, interesting.

I remember when his first self titled came out, I didn't hate it, and I didn't love it. For some reason, I kept listening, something was catching on even though I don't really like Dubstep. Weeks later I was really digging it. When Untrue came out, I was even more into it. Much better record, and I trusted him and all those "r&b" (yuck) samples. The method he uses to blend them into the music is infectious.

He's put out some stuff I don't really dig, but not much.

blarrrr

burial doesn't make dubstep; burial makes burial music - you might as well criticise brian eno for using pads or delay,

burial's palette is woodblocks, kick, snare, and rnb samples

i dunno anyone else who uses this shit but even if they did they'd have a job doing it better than will bevan

at the end of the day i love burial because of the special feelings i get in my ears and in my brain when i listen to his music, and i really can't put it any more simply than that.

blarrrr

burial doesn't make dubstep; burial makes burial music - you might as well criticise brian eno for using pads or delay,

burial's palette is woodblocks, kick, snare, and rnb samples

i dunno anyone else who uses this shit but even if they did they'd have a job doing it better than will bevan

at the end of the day i love burial because of the special feelings i get in my ears and in my brain when i listen to his music, and i really can't put it any more simply than that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree. It's not Dubstep actually. It was marketed to me that way, which was at first why I was confused that I liked it at all in the first place. Hard to convey really. I can say that I gave it a chance and I valued the MUSIC on it's own merits. I love his music, I'm not trying to put it in a box so to speak...

It's funny because I remember playing Burial records for a friend at his place a couple years back. He was like "I don't wanna hear this shit".. Asked me to change records. A couple years later in his new place, I'm playing some Burial, and he says "I remember this! Play more! Who's this again??" LOL

My point is, it takes time for things to sink in sometimes. You think you're hearing something, but you aren't.

Guest cult fiction

You're walking down a dark alleyway on a cold, rainy night. Somewhere off in the distance, a singer croons soulful, evocative lamentations through the ethereal fog which permeates your inner-city existence. Around the corner, you hear the sound of a bullet casing hitting the worn, broken concrete, almost as if it were happening in slow motion. Suddenly the eerily familiar, almost too familiar, clickety-clack of a lightly-syncopated drumbeat descends upon you, punctuating the rise of Mary Anne Hobbes' spectre from a nearby skip. Slowly it dawns on you that there's no way out; you're stuck in every Burial song ever made.

This quote will never stop being true...

Guest cult fiction

Not really following this... what does Brian Eno using pads or delay have to do with Burial?

Guest Archrival

Really nice solid release from Burial. Hopefully he will release a album soon.

I think I like this more than his other releases, way to go!

Archived