IGNORED

Cough in Rushup I Bank 12

cern

if you're referring to scirem, no. not a remix. at least that's what i've heard

It was submitted as a remix, and "scirem" is short for "sci-fi staircase remix". Whether it started life on Richard's computer as a remix or not, this is the RDJ sci-fi staircase remix.

^this

It was submitted as a remix, and "scirem" is short for "sci-fi staircase remix". Whether it started life on Richard's computer as a remix or not, this is the RDJ sci-fi staircase remix.

nope. most certainly is not.

Guest cult fiction

How about a reference... or an explanation for why it's called "scirem"...

Guest Calx Sherbet

that was my thinking, but someone told me it wasn't. i guess it's a remix after all.

you're definitely right about it being submitted in a contest. and he used a different alias right?

:facepalm:

In the first half of 2006, Richard D. James made an appearance in ''Future Music'' magazine. In issue 174 (released in May), he was featured after winning its remix competition. He entered under the name "Tahnaiya Russell" (probably inspired by a surreal artist of the same name who cites Aphex Twin as an influence in her biography [http://www.tahnaiya.com]) and his remix of a [[Luke Vibert]] track was deemed by Vibert himself to be the best of the submissions ("Relaxed and sophisticated, but with large balls and huge bass")

all found using Google, your friend.

"scirem" was only ever posted as the remix. We knew about the remix for a while, scirem made it's first appearance as the remix, in a thread, after future music did their article and interview on Aphex. Weather this mp3 actually came from the Future Music issue originally I have still yet to find proof of. I'm not sure of the source but it has always been generally accepted that scirem was the remix, not sure where you heard otherwise.

EDIT: furthermore, in later afx dj sets afterwards richard plays the the one we have heard as well as an extended variant of it. I think it's in the BLOC set with hecker.

EDIT2: I still have the original mp3 that was posted and it is tagged "scifi staircase remix".

Guest Calx Sherbet

what i had heard was:

he had two tracks made at about the same time. he submitted a remix of sci-fi staircase, but was never released. and people are getting the two mixed up. i'm not saying that's right, but you could understand the confusion

i'm kinda pissed that there isn't a definitive answer

"scirem" was only ever posted as the remix. We knew about the remix for a while, scirem made it's first appearance as the remix, in a thread, after future music did their article and interview on Aphex. Weather this mp3 actually came from the Future Music issue originally I have still yet to find proof of. I'm not sure of the source but it has always been generally accepted that scirem was the remix, not sure where you heard otherwise.

EDIT: furthermore, in later afx dj sets afterwards richard plays the the one we have heard as well as an extended variant of it. I think it's in the BLOC set with hecker.

EDIT2: I still have the original mp3 that was posted and it is tagged "scifi staircase remix".

^this too. all what I had heard and believed all along

what i had heard was:

he had two tracks made at about the same time. he submitted a remix of sci-fi staircase, but was never released. and people are getting the two mixed up. i'm not saying that's right, but you could understand the confusion

i'm kinda pissed that there isn't a definitive answer

Well if anybody has the original magazine and can confirm that's where they got the mp3 from that's the only way we will ever know. Absolutely no info was ever given about the source for the mp3 when it was first posted in this forum, even after I tried to bring up the subject nobody seemed to care at the time. You are right in that people on this forum had originally claimed that the remix wasn't available from future music, so I was just as confused when it was originally posted. I still don't know if the mp3 we have came from FM or from some other source. Anybody privy to this info?

i think some of u wish 2 have this remix... i've got this remix in bitrate 320... a good remix by afx (ooops i mean Tahnaiya Russell) - it's not on cds... only in mp3... don't know why... enjoy & ban me! ;-)

Peace & B Wild! (yes u do because i care...)

its not. i asked luke a few years ago.. the scirem track is richard just trying out a new piece of gear he got. thats the fact.

Archived