IGNORED

Stadiums

Any football stadium enthusiasts here on watmm? Post your favorite grounds in this thread.

210942_600_800_0_0_0_0.jpg

Blue Water Arena (Esbjerg FB)

My "local/favorite" clubs home ground. I miss the old Esbjerg Idrætspark which the new stadium are built upon. It was a very old and outdated (almost only had standing room only) But It had so much charm it. The new stadium is amazing though, and worth it.

highbury_1.jpg

Highbury (Arsenal fc)

As a Arsenal fan I had to include Highbury. Don't know what i can say really.. It's was just a beautiful stadium

6Wa3XiEEDHbQhqqtep2I1a.jpg

Parken Stadium (FC Copenhagen & Danish National Team)

Denmark's "Wembley". Not as impressive but, i love this stadium because of alle the good national-team/cup-final memories associated with it.

Signal-Iduna-Park3.jpg

Signal Iduna Park (Borussia Dortmund)

Celtic_Park.jpg

Celtic Park (Celtic fc)

Ibrox, Celtic Park and Hampden Park. All amazing stadiums, Glasgow have to be the city in the world, with the best football grounds.

Estadio de Braga. Hands down.

braga2_320x240.jpg

1301331037-eduardo-souto-de-moura-braga-stadium.jpg

braga30154copie.jpg

Its architect was Portuguese Eduardo Souto de Moura. The stadium is also known as A Pedreira (The Quarry), as it is carved into the face of the adjacent Monte Castro quarry.

de Moura just won the Pritzker prize btw.

Yeah, a lot of those stadiums that were built for the European Championship 2004 in portugal, were very alternative looking and beautiful. Estadio de Braga has to take the for prize for the weirdest stadium in europe, but it looks good.

Guest Alex C

I think out of the 92 I've done about 20 or so.

I miss Ninian Park at times, a shithole but a wonderful shithole.

Favourite away ground is probably Hillsborough, great amount of character inside the place. Everywhere else I go is generally average.

Shithole ground award goes to Selhurst Park, what a fucking dump.

Guest Alex C

I thought my day was going to be saved when I saw they had a Wimpy inside but then it was like £8 for food, LOL.

Norwich is alright with Delias special pies, but at £33 they could already fuck off. Their fans are rather splendid as well, I don't think there could be a more upper class football club out there. Snobby cunts.

Just looking now, I've done Reading/Doncaster/Scunthorpe/Sheffield U/Sheffield W/Hull/Watford/Palace/Fulham/Arsenal/Leicester/QPR/Norwich/Peterborough/Wembley/

Thought id done a few more but whatever

Guest Dirty Protest

The Sheffield clubs, Old Trafford, Ninian Park, Shelhurst Park, Loftus Road. Any club that feels like I may get killed on the way to the station is my favourite, theres never any real trouble, but the threats a rush. The joys of being a Leeds supporter =)

The nicest is the Cottage.

Guest Gary C

Oh yeah, and the Emirates. It's brilliantly designed, but just as sterile as everyone says. Highbury on the other hand was amazing, perfect.

Oh yeah, and Watford. I've been maybe 3 times spread over 7 years and I'd never seen them get anywhere close to finishing that main stand, lol.

Oh yeah, and White Hart Lane, but whatever.

Took a tour of the Nou Camp.

Lots of Hillsborough love.

Haven't been fortunate to see it myself.. I would love to some day.

I've always had a secret admiration/love for Sheffield Wednesday. In my mind they belong in the Premier League, not fucking League One.

Lots of Hillsborough love.

Haven't been fortunate to see it myself.. I would love to some day.

I've always had a secret admiration/love for Sheffield Wednesday. In my mind they belong in the Premier League, not fucking League One.

soon to be league 2!

House hunting in Hillsborough actually. The ground is just a properly traditional ground, views of the hills in the background and a decent kop end. marvelous!

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest Gary C

Yeah, looked great. Could have been amazing, but alas. They'll just have to be another Emirates-like... like Tottenham have.

naming-rights-park.jpg

Guest Gary C

lol, looks more like a fancy dog-track.

I kind of like it though, the big thoroughfare could be used to house shops, statues and memorabilia. Southend have none of those things though, and a big (city-based) club would rather use all that space for something a bit classier.

lol, looks more like a fancy dog-track.

I kind of like it though, the big thoroughfare could be used to house shops, statues and memorabilia. Southend have none of those things though, and a big (city-based) club would rather use all that space for something a bit classier.

Indeed, it's just a fancy looking retail park, sadly. Will be good for the continued re-development of the town though.

Guest drukqs11

Estadio de Braga. Hands down.

:emotawesomepm9: I am glad a stadium from my small hometown is recognised in the other side of the Atlantic.

Personally i don't like the stadium that much, i prefer stands all around.

My vote has to go to Signal Iduna Park in Dortmund. Besides it has the highest average attendance in all Europe.

Also a shout for Estadio do Dragão from the team i support: FC Porto :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

My local side is East Fife FC, who play in the division above Rangers at Bayview Stadium in Methil:

BayviewPark01.jpg

141773852_m8qYG-L-1.jpg

Although sadly, to my eternal regret, the power station has actually been demolished in the last year.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the misfortune of visiting Bolton's old ground years ago, Burnden Park. There was a Normid supermarket that literally took up about a quarter of the away end. You were fucked if anything was happening anywhere near the right hand corner flag.

Archived