IGNORED

Leyland Kirby - Intrigue & Stuff Vol.1

Guest kxta

just got an email about this.....

Leyland Kirby - 'Intrigue & Stuff'

What then is 'Intrigue & Stuff' ?

Is it a comment by the late great Martin Hannett when describing Tony Wilson's Factory ? "There's an awful lot of incest that goes on," mused Hannett. "Intrigue and stuff."

The biggest clue could be found in one of the song titles itself "Live for the future, long for the past" a track epic enough to soundtrack a big-bang reconstruction.

A track also used to soundtrack the coda for the BBC series "Everything and Nothing" a two-part documentary which dealt with two of the deepest questions there are. What is everything, and what is nothing ?

I can confirm that 'Intrigue & Stuff' will be delivered in four parts spread across four twelve-inch vinyls released throughout the year.

Each of them has been lovingly mastered and teased by the incredible Lupo @ Dubplates and Mastering under a leaden Berlin sky.

Part one is available now on clear and black vinyl editions featuring the following six electronic phrenotypics.

1. Video 2000

2. Re-record not fade away

3. Neon lit atoms

4. Live for the future, long for the past

5. Low entropy

6. Ruined visions

Order it right this second from Boomkat.

Available soon at Norman Records, Aquarius Records,

Forced Exposure and other adventurous retailers.

Retro-futurism.

'Other news in brief'

The Caretaker has provided the score for the Grant Gee essay film 'Patience'. The soundtrack will be released later this year here on History Always Favours The Winners. You can watch Grant in coversation here about the film.

Selected digital releases have been made available via Bandcamp as I feel these days it's one of the best places to retain control of what I upload. More V/Vm releases will be added over time. Check out each individual page to see what is available. Leyland Kirby, The Caretaker,

The Stranger and V/Vm.

Ivan Seal is yet again providing all of the new release artwork this year (excluding Intrigue & Stuff 12" vinyls) having completed an amazing series of new and incredible paintings for all upcoming works. I'm also pleased to say that The Wire have interviewed Ivan ahead of an upcoming and long overdue London show in May.

Thanks to Ivan's hard work we are building a valuable series of works.

V/Vm news now, I know you all thought it was dead, but it isn't. This month I will be recording a special radio show for Domino Records, should they choose to broadcast it, it will sit alongside shows by other esteemed artists and I think will air via Domino Radio in June or July.

Next month a new album by The Caretaker is released.

Until then be bold, brave and adventurous.

Searching for the Skip 28,400 times a day.

Very exciting! I just read email. I can't afford it right now, but I've been waking up to and listening to "Sadly, The Future Is No Longer What It Was" for weeks and it has absolutely become a top 10 of mine, especially disc two, so the fact that there's new content coming is really great for me. Hopefully James leaks this so I can listen to it before I can buy it.

Also in the email:

http://vvmtest.bandcamp.com/

http://thestranger1.bandcamp.com/

http://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/

http://leylandkirby.bandcamp.com/

:braindance:

From the same newletter by Mr Kirby:

For as little as £15 you can receive all of this years releases delivered to you

on the day of each release.

This offer is limited to just 500 subscribers and includes the following releases.

LEYLAND KIRBY

Intrigue and Stuff 1-4

THE CARETAKER

An empty bliss beyond this world

THE CARETAKER

Patience (o.s.t.)

LEYLAND KIRBY

Eager to tear apart the stars

+ exclusive bonus material

I am hoping that as many of you as possible will subscribe even those of you who aim to make purchases of the above confirmed releases on CD or Vinyl.

Right now I am in urgent need of equipment upgrades which will help me finish a lot of new projects this end and to play live again.

I have no working machine for live shows such is the financial situation over here.

So by making a subscription purchase it really does make a very big difference.

On the subscription page itself Kirby writes this:

The suggested cost of £15 was thought about carefully so it will still appeal to those who intend to purchase the vinyl and cd editions of all the new works. There will be enough extra tracks to make this worthwhile for everybody.

To give added value to your purchase this will also be a limited offer available to just five hundred people (Only until the 1st of June) after which releases will still be available (without the exclusive tracks) for more standard prices, thus rewarding your own loyalty in purchasing the subscription directly from me.

My hope is to sell as many subscriptions as I can before June the 1st as this would raise much needed funds here which will enable me to update and upgrade my computer equipment thus helping me make more music and to finish more planned projects. If you are able to contribute more than £15 for this collection of new works then this helps me fund more future projects. The cash certainly will not be wasted.

I just wish I had more money to give to this man. There are few causes nobler, and I absolutely trust and believe that any money that goes to him from any of this will go to giving us more great music.

still a fuking bargin tho! ive signed up for it. listening to Intrigue now, different to what i was expecting but really nice! excited about hearing the new caretaker stuff as well.

still a fuking bargin tho! ive signed up for it. listening to Intrigue now, different to what i was expecting but really nice! excited about hearing the new caretaker stuff as well.

Yeah I thought about it more carefully and I think I'm going to sign up. The vinyls won't come with download codes (not always going to be next to my turntable) and the bonus material is very enticing. I sent him an email asking if he'd do a physical subscription.

Just signed up too (and cancelled the boomkat order to save myself £12). 15 quid for all that is great value - I would've paid more but my funds are getting pretty darn low at the moment

Yeah I signed up for the £20 one. Dude deserves it.

As for physical subscriptions, he had this to say:

Doing a physical subscription would be great, but the problem is always the

additional work these days in terms of time and I found that using regular

post was always a big problem. Also my core audience is in England and

America for and with being in Germany it would actually make it more

expensive to ship from here as post is woefully expensive here in Berlin

these days.

I am using Boomkat and Norman to sort out Europe and Aquarius via Forced

Exposure (who carry stateside), also they go over there cheaper too

distribution wise as I know the dollar is really bad, so hopefully despite

being an import they still shouldn't cost you the same as a cheap flight

somewhere ;-)

Profits are very low on all vinyls sold to be honest, even though they sell

for £10.99 if all are sold on average I see less than £1 in return on those,

the key is the product is good. This is why they are expensive in a sense,

as we're using Dubplates for the mastering and cuts right now and the vinyl

is the best quality as well.

Pretty shitty how he sees less than £1 in return on that stuff.

Aw man, that fucking sucks. I guess I should buy some of his bandcamp stuff that I got off slsk/what.cd/discogs so he actually gets a tiny bit of cash from me. (when I can afford it.)

I paid £15 quid for the subscription but also picked up the 2nd stranger album from Bandcamp as didnt have that

Really enjoying the new release, listened to it a good few times last night and again this morning, It is gorgeous stuff quite a different vibe to it than his other stuff strangely uplifting and joyful

just got the 2cd version of sadly the future is no longer what is was from bandcamp as well. Maybe a bit execssive having like 5 cds worth of that album but its so fuking beautifull I couldnt resist!

anyhow as others have said he well deserves the cash and know it will go to good use towards more amazing music! and got loads of amazing shit for free of his old archive when it was up.

• 2 weeks later...

This just came in the mail for me. It's really a thing of beauty, both in appearance and in sound. My first clear vinyl as well.

Guest kxta

This just came in the mail for me. It's really a thing of beauty, both in appearance and in sound. My first clear vinyl as well.

its awesome isn't it!! i love the 1st track on side two - amazing drama and controlled distortion - mixes great with kiew mission by tangerine dream :emotawesomepm9:

Archived