IGNORED

TF2 now free to play, forever

usagi

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest disparaissant

i always kinda thought about checking tf2 but could never really bring myself to buy it soooooooo heyo. i am disparaissant on steam as well, add me (i have two steam friends)

Guest disparaissant

damn thas fun i should have bought it when it came out

too bad my computer is really old and it hiccups a lot. makes sniping tuff.

Guest AcrossCanyons

nice. i might need to invest in a mouse so i can play this. always wanted to play tf2 with all the pc updates.

Guest theSun

i should hopefully be on this some time today, steam account is overjr90

maybe addable as AlonzoMourning

hmm can't add friends, says you activate that by buying a steam game? that's bs

haha yeah, you gotta buy a game to be able to benefit from the integration stuff.

The Valve Complete Pack is £49.99 here. i'm sure it's approximately $60 for the US maybe?

that's just a little more than it would cost you to get one brand new console game.

think about it.

falling_down3.gif

added. btw kaini, still no invite to the WATMM group?

I fucking love the Meet the Class videos, each one's been better than the last

i definitely sent an invite. what's your username again?

also, they ruined tf2 when they turned it into a hat-trading game with an incidental FPS minigame. fucking ruined it. one of valve's rare fuckups imo.

added. btw kaini, still no invite to the WATMM group?

I fucking love the Meet the Class videos, each one's been better than the last

i definitely sent an invite. what's your username again?

also, they ruined tf2 when they turned it into a hat-trading game with an incidental FPS minigame. fucking ruined it. one of valve's rare fuckups imo.

really? can't you just like, play as you would normally and completely ignore the whole hat malarky? it's not mandatory.

i know it isn't, but if you play with a standard loadout you're at a slight disadvantage against people with the newer guns. moreso my problem is that it kinda ruined the purity of the game, though. i stopped playing it as soon as the hats came in.

i know it isn't, but if you play with a standard loadout you're at a slight disadvantage against people with the newer guns. moreso my problem is that it kinda ruined the purity of the game, though. i stopped playing it as soon as the hats came in.

ok, i'm really not trying to be a cunt here i'm just pointing out that you first complained about the hats and then go on to talk about the gun loadouts. and you don't even have to buy the weapons, since you get weapon drops. even on the free accounts now.

i actually view the weapon additions as something great, as now you can tailor your loudout for the battle at hand.

for what it's worth, i am regarded as a force to be reckoned with, playing as a heavy with the standard minigun.

meh, it's all part of the 'purity' thing i mentioned. i just want it to be the way it was two years ago, i guess :shrug:

if you get yourself a copy for the xbox360 or PS3, you can have it your way!®

(i'm sure that is a slogan somewhere)

You're not alone Kaini. I used to fucking love tf2, but the more they updated it, the more they broke it, and for me, it is totally unplayable now. I've honestly tried not to be picky about it, but they've made it nearly impossible for you to play it vanilla and not get your ass kicked, especially with there being more and more people who have spent 1000+ hours in-game around. In addition to that, if you want to chill and not be 100% serious, maybe play a little bit of micspam, play some custom maps, etc, you're pretty much fucked, because the good fun servers died or got turned into 24/7 2fort, and all the 4chan servers are (naturally) filled with stupid cunts.

and consoles for first person shooters are not an option.

Heavy is the easiest, most boring class to play as. No satisfaction in mowing people down as heavy.

you're just butthutt because i manage to get you even while you're jumping about like Courtney Love's bean

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest theSun

this game seems to blow so far.

looks like it has pretty great potential to be fun with your friends, but i don't really have a great time getting demolished by people who have been playing forever and have a bunch of cool shit.

FPS online are all kind of bad in this way, but i see the purity thing. seems like theres a ton of stupid shit that makes things annoying.

this game seems to blow so far.

looks like it has pretty great potential to be fun with your friends, but i don't really have a great time getting demolished by people who have been playing forever and have a bunch of cool shit.

FPS online are all kind of bad in this way, but i see the purity thing. seems like theres a ton of stupid shit that makes things annoying.

i don't get it though, you're saying that it's a bit shit because you're getting beaten by people who have been playing the game longer than you....same could be said for any game that you jump into 4 years too late.

Archived