IGNORED

TF2 now free to play, forever

usagi

Guest theSun

this game seems to blow so far.

looks like it has pretty great potential to be fun with your friends, but i don't really have a great time getting demolished by people who have been playing forever and have a bunch of cool shit.

FPS online are all kind of bad in this way, but i see the purity thing. seems like theres a ton of stupid shit that makes things annoying.

i don't get it though, you're saying that it's a bit shit because you're getting beaten by people who have been playing the game longer than you....same could be said for any game that you jump into 4 years too late.

tf2 seems like fps in wow endgame. sorry if you don't get the comparison but endgame wow i'm not a big fan of excessive itemization and grinding required to play competitively.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theSun

looks like it has pretty great potential to be fun with your friends, but i don't really have a great time getting demolished by people who have been playing forever and have a bunch of cool shit.

FPS online are all kind of bad in this way, but i see the purity thing. seems like theres a ton of stupid shit that makes things annoying.

i don't get it though, you're saying that it's a bit shit because you're getting beaten by people who have been playing the game longer than you....same could be said for any game that you jump into 4 years too late.

tf2 seems like fps in wow endgame. sorry if you don't get the comparison with endgame wow, i'm not a big fan of excessive itemization and grinding required to play competitively.

oops, retarded editing there. you get the idea

tf2 seems like fps in wow endgame. sorry if you don't get the comparison but endgame wow i'm not a big fan of excessive itemization and grinding required to play competitively.

but...you don't need to get items, or 'grind' to be able to play competitively :shrug:

Guest theSun

seems like you do.... can't you get nice guns and shit? i'm really not familiar with the game though maybe i'll go read up

seems like you do.... can't you get nice guns and shit? i'm really not familiar with the game though maybe i'll go read up

no you don't need to acquire items or 'grind'. you just need to be good at the game, just like any other game.

you're better off just playing the game. stay away from 'premium' servers though - those are the ones where you can pay to get 'premium' features, which end up really being cheats enabled.

'melodiousthunk' shows as last online 40 days ago? anyway, invite (re)sent. edit: i actually can't re-invite you cos i already did. maybe the best thing is to post your steam id? http://steamidfinder.com/

it also annoys the shit out of me that my 14 year old son is a far, far better tf2 player than i'll ever be (he tends to play sniper or spy) - he just finds a ledge and headshots me over and over when we play against each other :facepalm:

'melodiousthunk' shows as last online 40 days ago? anyway, invite (re)sent. edit: i actually can't re-invite you cos i already did. maybe the best thing is to post your steam id? http://steamidfinder.com/

it also annoys the shit out of me that my 14 year old son is a far, far better tf2 player than i'll ever be (he tends to play sniper or spy) - he just finds a ledge and headshots me over and over when we play against each other :facepalm:

sure he's not using an aimbot? :p if he's getting headshots that frequently...

i've sat in the same room as him. he's just fucking better at TF2 than i am :(

I like playing support classes.

I usually play Medic or Engineer. If any of you ever run into a "SHOOT NOUK KEM" online, it's me.

I've got the full plague doctor set too. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest disparaissant

oh man just had a blast on 2fort switching between spy and scout and just fucking destroying.

love it.

scout 4 lyf!

Yo, add me up! (SticKy Gr33n in the WATMM group) Gonna play some TF2 tonight after work. Someone from watmm gave me a free 3 day trial a while back but I left unimpressed after only playing on custom servers (unbeknownst to me). Played some King of the Hill and some other game yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself playing engineer :sup:

You see, this is why you play an HWGuy. Spam kills is all you got ;-p

Guest couch

I thought tf2 was getting stale before all those weapon updates. Figures that once they started introducing new things I get bored of it. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived