IGNORED

Hugh Grant exposing tabloids

goDel

hugh-grant-upside-down.jpg

this is great, makes him look a bit wiser too. If Hugh did become president, this is how he would look

(minus the neck and shoulders coming out the top of his head, obviously)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, Hugh with beard=IDM

HughGrantL_468x424.jpg

I like how, the nature of the picture suggests that the ladies on the right are in fact looking across towards even more women situated out of shot. As if there's a queue, and those in the frame are the lucky first in the door to play with the furry hand bag.

dem.bitcz

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Also, Hugh with beard=IDM

HughGrantL_468x424.jpg

I like how, the nature of the picture suggests that the ladies on the right are in fact looking across towards even more women situated out of shot. As if there's a queue, and those in the frame are the lucky first in the door to play with the furry hand bag.

dem.bitcz

note the way his arm-penis caresses the blonde lady's chin.

arm-penis? more like two arm-penisses. one caressing the blond, the other holding a glass of wine keeping the ladies' spirits up. this man is a first class ladies-seducing machine.

Does that guy also write for pitchfork.

example (the second paragraph)

A tectonic shift is taking place in our culture, namely the transition from a print/broadcast era in which information, opinion and entertainment is transmitted down a pyramidal social structure, to a pro forma egalitarian web culture in which there is no longer the mediation of a class of editors and opinion-formers, but instead everyone swims about in a protoplasmic gloop of titillating supposition. Marshall McLuhan's equation of the medium with the message has become a shibboleth to be lisped on a thousand thousand message boards, but less widely understood is that the "glocal" phenomenon of the web plus the internet has yet to crystallise into a definable medium – we live in an interregnum between cultural hegemonies, and in such times, as Marx observed of political interregnums, the strangest forms will arise.

It's not indecipherable, but probably as far from concise as you are ever likely to read in mainstream print media. Maybe the third paragraph eases off, but i can't be bothered finding out. Had more fun writing this post.

From the looks of it, this article is written 5 years late. The twitter revolutions have been going for years now. And the "shift" is already a consensus view in the traditional news outlets. Better yet, it's embraced. Eg. newspapers asking people to help read all the leaked cables from wikileaks. Even Obama is on Twitter nowadays.

Sorry, but I don't see much relevance in these fancy words. If anyone else does, please explain. Because I can't see it.

From the looks of it, this article is written 5 years late. The twitter revolutions have been going for years now. And the "shift" is already a consensus view in the traditional news outlets. Better yet, it's embraced. Eg. newspapers asking people to help read all the leaked cables from wikileaks. Even Obama is on Twitter nowadays.

Sorry, but I don't see much relevance in these fancy words. If anyone else does, please explain. Because I can't see it.

read the rest of the article, not just that paragraph.

He's saying the opposite of what you think.

read the rest of the article, not just that paragraph.

He's saying the opposite of what you think.

I'm still having a hard time.

When it does begin to do so new hierarchies will be erected very speedily to exploit it, and my suspicion is that these new hierarchies will look very much like the old.

He's stating the obvious and when he's about to envision the direction we're heading, he sees it as more of the same. Too easy. There's always more of the same. Apart from the things that return back into some form of balance which matches the old to some extent, there's still plenty of potential differences. If he had actual balls, he'd envision those instead wanking of into some stylistic blabla. We know the recurring history, but there's always plenty of differences as well.

Whatever you think of the article, Will Self is a rarity in that he puts his money where his mouth is. Paid for a friend to go through uni.

Whatever you think of the article, Will Self is a rarity in that he puts his money where his mouth is. Paid for a friend to go through uni.

I thought the point was the article and not the writer? So because the writer is good, the article gains some magic points? I'm probably still missing something, but it takes more logic than "read it again" or "the writer is such a hero" to convince in any way.

When it does begin to do so new hierarchies will be erected very speedily to exploit it, and my suspicion is that these new hierarchies will look very much like the old.

He's stating the obvious and when he's about to envision the direction we're heading, he sees it as more of the same. Too easy. There's always more of the same. Apart from the things that return back into some form of balance which matches the old to some extent, there's still plenty of potential differences. If he had actual balls, he'd envision those instead wanking of into some stylistic blabla. We know the recurring history, but there's always plenty of differences as well.

yeah, I didn't really agree with him either, I just noted that your initial guess at what he was saying wasn't accurate.

I'd agree with Too Easy.

I thought the point was the article and not the writer? So because the writer is good, the article gains some magic points? I'm probably still missing something, but it takes more logic than "read it again" or "the writer is such a hero" to convince in any way.

My post wasn't actually addressing you, but anyway...

Clearly that's not what I was inferring, hence prefacing it with the qualification of "whatever you think..." I haven't made any comment on the article itself, but it's good to see somebody backing up their beliefs with cold hard cash. The point was that there is more to Will Self than political or literary affectation.

Compare with say Alan Rusbridger employing his daughter (under her mother's maiden name) and the fact that the majority of Guardian staff writers come from a fairly narrow band of public schools, while simultaneously eviscerating the government over social mobility.

And that's the thing that really got my nerves. Lots of smoke and mirrors used to cover up a lack of depth.

somehow I liked the article and didn't agree with it at the same time.

:shrug:

Does that guy also write for pitchfork.

Will Self makes Pitchfork read like a nursery rhyme

Thought it was a good article.

He's just older than the guys on pitchfork, they all sprout from the same bag of seeds imO. The retort now being noted, i haven't read anything else that he's written. Perhaps most of the time he's not so prosaic.

Archived