IGNORED

Premier League Season 2011-2012

Liverpool deserved to win today. And despite how unlikable Suarez is, he has to be the most unlucky striker in the Premier League. I can't even count how many times he has hit the woodwork this season.

And I feel slightly bad for Dalglish. I've always kind of liked him despite not being a LFC fan. But maybe it was just a stupid idea to go into management again after such a long break.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lindrum Larry Cocopipe

Interesting at this point of the season to have liverpool and everton divided by just a point as are arsenal and spurs and then those cunts at the top. A great season for rivalry.

I'm still not sure about Dalglish, there is the theory that says Damien Comolli is responsible for Andy Carrol, Henderson, etc, so maybe those aren't his singings? i don't know.

Guest Gary C

I'm still not sure about Dalglish, there is the theory that says Damien Comolli is responsible for Andy Carrol, Henderson, etc, so maybe those aren't his singings? i don't know.

Comolli is notorious for making five bad signings for every good one. For every Gareth Bale, there's a Gomez, Bentley, Mido, Bent or Chimbonda.

Here's his time at Spurs.

Comolli-signings.jpg

5 out of 26 were good signings from the looks of it. Bale (although it took him a while to flourish and I don't think Spurs knew what they had), Modric, Berbatov (for sell-on value), Assou-Ekotto and Kaboul. The last two could still go into the shit-pile at any moment, but for now they're safe.

I don't agree. There's plenty of good players in that list. Not all of them played well in Spurs. But some of them has just evolved in other clubs.

But maybe that's the problem, he sign them too early and for way too much money.

Guest Gary C

Okay; Taarabt (up to a level), Bent, Giovanni (potentially), Boateng, Corluka, Malbranque (before Spurs) and Zokora could be called good players.

It's the same way that Carroll could be a good player at another team and Henderson could suddenly become the shit like Boateng did. Paying 17m for Bent and 13m for Bentley is just irresponsible though. Not only did he fuck up the market with figures like that but he pretty much ruined their careers*.

*Saying that, I don't think either of them actually care about how they're perceived as footballers and they're potential of being in trophy-winning teams. Bentley, definitely, is in it for the money.

lol.. Didn't see that they signed Bentley for 13m! That's almost as bad as Carroll.

Henderson still has protential, and I still believe Downing is a good player. It's hard to say what's holding them back.

It's just a theory. But could it be that Dalglish's tactics might be a bit outdated? He's been away from the management game for so long. When he saw Carroll he probably thought he was going to be a new Shearer or something like that, but Carroll just don't have the technic of a modern striker. His only skills seem to be his his strength and heading. I don't follow Liverpool enough to say it's the case, it just seems like a possibility.

Guest Gary C

Yeah, Dalglish is a reactionary manager. He doesn't seem to take very much care in employing players in their best positions or counter-acting the oppositions threats. He just throws out passion.

Wigan were robbed, both goals offside. Kind of feel sorry for them but in the other hand i wouldn't shed a tear if they get relegated.

- All those people saying they were wrong about Steve Kean, a bunch of fools. I still wish for QPR to go down but it will probably be Wigan, Blackburn and Wolves.

I'd like to see wigan stay up, just because I like Martinez. He tries to get them to play some classy football. Clearly robbed today, linesman must have been high.

I like Martinez too, but Wigan are an awful football club. No fans, empty stadium (even when they play United,City or Bolton) and a team of complete misfits and rejects. Also if you notice, every goal scored in the DW stadium is either a defense or goalkeeper mistake.

He should have gone to Villa in the summer, Wigan is a sinking ship, they will end up playing in league two.

Oh yeah I'm not denying that Wigan are awful lol. They're fucking arse. Maybe Liverpool will sign Martinez :) Or if 'arry takes the England job, Martinez at Spurs? That could be exciting.

If Brendan Rodgers goes to Spurs (according to tabloid rumours) , Martinez would probably sign for Swansea, return of the prodigal son, etc,etc.

This summer is going to be really interesting.

I think the Swans would try pretty hard to keep Rodgers, but Spurs might make an offer he cant refuse. it will be interesting though. The EPL needs some shaking up - tactically they're a bit stodgy.

The most interesting club will be Chelsea, there is no way Di mateo will keep the job. What will Roman do? would he give someone like David Moyes a chance? what other options does he have really

The most interesting club will be Chelsea, there is no way Di mateo will keep the job. What will Roman do? would he give someone like David Moyes a chance? what other options does he have really

Never Moyes - plus i think Moyes likes it at Everton - comfortable, not much pressure lol

Abramovich might have poisoned the well with AVB - what fucking manager would want to walk into that quagmire? You'd have to have some ridiculous guarantees, but still any top class manager is going to be wary....I know Terry would love Di Mateo to stay on lol...

Never Moyes - plus i think Moyes likes it at Everton - comfortable, not much pressure lol

hahaha, i never thought of it that way. I remember reading a book years ago that said David Moyes was destined to be United's boss.

Chelsea will eventually end up with John Terry/Frank Lampard as managers, Chelsea will never get rid of those two. Mourinho drove Chelsea to insanity. (same thing may be happening to Inter)

lol Maybe Mourinho just enjoys having a good troll of the football world.

Moyes though, he's been at Everton for 10 years now...fans dont really piss and moan much about them not contending...why leave?

lol Maybe Mourinho just enjoys having a good troll of the football world.

I truly believe he has messiah complex. He left Chelsea 5 years ago, they still signing his name, he spent just two seasons at Inter and their fans wanted to raise money to give him a 50 million a year salary. Every time he is asked about a past job he said "i will return" or something along those lines, feeding expectations. He is driving fans insane...and he loves it.

Moyes though, he's been at Everton for 10 years now...fans dont really piss and moan much about them not contending...why leave?

Everton fans blame the owners for everything (Moyes must be loving it yeah, lol) . I would love to see Moyes with a huge war chest to see what he can do. Maybe he is just one of those "works better on a small budget" managers.

lol turned the tv on to see the game, first thing i see is Ashley Young dive and Derry get an unjust red card, game ruined. Hopefully Arsenal v Man City will be better.

Archived