IGNORED

Premier League Season 2011-2012

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have a very organized midfield, they suffocate the opposition. Constructing a team around Grant Holt has helped a lot, he is a beast, he is the sun of the team and rest of them are the planets.

Guest Gary C

He's been so good this season. He's finally begun to fulfill his potential since moving to United.

But yeah, for some reason he's fucking diving.

Guest Mirezzi

That's what makes Young such a spectacularly cuntish cunt. United should handle this AV side, at home no less, with minimal effort...hell, even a sending off or two shouldn't keep them from all three points.

If Ferguson were half the classy legend he's made out to be, he'd put a stop to it. Period.

Yes Young was clearly going down, but the defender clipped him twice and the ref had little option. it was an extremely soft foul but it was still a foul (I feel a penalty is too harsh of a punishment, and the indirect free kick should be used potentially for soft fouls in the box (i.e. not a bookable offense). The defender shouldn't have dangled a leg, and Villa for the whole game were too far from any United players, which allowed them to be run at time and time again. Villa are shocking, really really poor. United started brightly and then faded, but scored goals at the crucial times.

fucking lol @ how different that post would be if it was Suarez lol

Not really, I'm not a United fan and not a Liverpool fan. The good thing about lower league football is that diving does seem to be so bad, or at least doesn't suffer from 30 slow-mo's in HD or animated gifs. The problem is that soft fouls, where the contact is very minimal (as it was with Young), is that a penalty is probably a disproportionate punishment. The refs see the contact (that was easy to see in the Young case) but in real-time and in a split decision needs to decide if Young/Suarez whoever is already going down. It seems to be that most of the time the refs back the attacker and give him the benefit of the doubt (which is right, because they have to clearly see it as simulation, if these any doubt then it's probably a foul). Diving is a shame because it could easily cut out (video replays, retrospective punishments, different onfield punishments for fouls in the box etc etc), at the moment it's easy to do and low risk/high reward.

Guest Rambo

Soft fouls? Contact doesnt mean a foul. I'd love to know where this ridiculous reasoning (which is very popular right now) has come from. It wasn't a foul, soft foul, penalty or anything else. He dived.

Soft fouls? Contact doesnt mean a foul. I'd love to know where this ridiculous reasoning (which is very popular right now) has come from. It wasn't a foul, soft foul, penalty or anything else. He dived.

I know contact doesn't mean a foul, but tripping or kicking does. I agree that Young dived, he made it look like the defender tripped him up - and in real time you could see the contact and it clearly looked (IMO) like he had been tripped up. Only when you see the slow-mo do you see that Young has dived across his leg to make the contact. The ref has a hard job, but because he saw the contact that probably persuaded him that he was tripped up and that it wasn't a dive or slip or whatever else.

Guest Mirezzi

jhonny's point about retroactive punishment and video replay is all that needed to be said...until progress is made in that arena, the Youngs and Pepes of the world will do what they do.

Young. Fucking embarrassment to the shirt. Keano would have kicked him in the cunt for that display.

We were gonna win the match regardless though - Villa came with no ambition.

Archived