IGNORED

Premier League Season 2011-2012

Guest Gary C

What the fuck happened to Rosicky.. How did he get good again?

Not so fast .. he's only had two decent games, i remember Mido having 10/10 performances.

And he's just signed another 2 years with Arsenal... based on three games. FFS. I thought Wenger didn't like giving any more than a single year to players over 30 anyway, and now this.

Gunners' boss Wenger added: "I believe he is an exceptional player, a natural footballer who is technically top class.

No, Wenger. He's really not exceptional. He's mediocre, but he's been a bit better for a month.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me sister went to the Wolves match, she sits behind the dug out and said the man looked lost, a man out of his depth.

http://images.footba...nor_2730777.jpg

Probably because he's never been a manager. Wolves need to survive this one, i don't think they'll bounce back if they are relegated, the likes of Jarvis and Doyle will be sold.

Yes your right, and i'm not having a go at TC.. he's been asked to a job he has never done before. Only Wolves would take on a man who has never managed a football club before to keep us in premier league.. feckin hopeless.

Jarvis, Doyle, Hennessey, Fletcher.. will definitely go... looks like they are already on the beach sipping martini.

The thing with Savic is that he looks like a talented player, he seems technically assured and positionally he's played well too, however he's been thrust into big games far too early and it's destroyed his confidence and he's been truly awful in the games I've seen. Fergie might be old fashioned, and he might be strange when it comes to certain young talent (Pogba) - but he does have the knack of gradually introducing young players to first team football.

Good point previously made about United having a few extra gears to find, they'll see this season out I'm sure.

I don't think the squad needs too much improving. Central midfield is light but that's it IMO. De Gea already looks a much better player, and with a full pre-season will beef up, long term United need a left back but otherwise it's settled, and Vidic will be back. Attacking midfield is fine, and the strike force looks good too. Hernandez will be a huge player next season (you heard it here first! - 25 goals I reckon).

The thing with Savic is that he looks like a talented player, he seems technically assured and positionally he's played well too,

LOOOOOOOL.

United have a shit team with a shit midfield (they needed to bring Scholes to save their season), but i don't know what it is about them that they win games that they should lose or draw. The presence of Ferguson over other managers and referees may play a part in it. There are a few managers in the league that have a good relationship with ferguson, he sends them wine before the games, etc,etc.

The thing with Savic is that he looks like a talented player, he seems technically assured and positionally he's played well too,

LOOOOOOOL.

United have a shit team with a shit midfield (they needed to bring Scholes to save their season), but i don't know what it is about them that they win games that they should lose or draw. The presence of Ferguson over other managers and referees may play a part in it. There are a few managers in the league that have a good relationship with ferguson, he sends them wine before the games, etc,etc.

All I'm saying about Savic is that he does seem to have the basics of a decent defender, but mentally he seems to have flipped out because his decision-making is all over the place.

United have a decent team with a large hole in midfield. Scholes coming back probably did save their season to be fair. I'm not a United fan but I'm glad they weren't held to ransom with Sneijder because this season he's regressed back to his mean of being a decent but not world class player. Technical and creative midfielders seem to be the new '20 a season striker' in terms of overvalued transfer prices. For a while United haven't had much coming through, apart from Pogba, who seems to be kept under wraps.

Yeah Savic should be a much better player than he is - by which I mean having the skills and everything is fine, but you're spot on jhonny - his mental state is fucked. That's why I want him to play in the derby - lol.

We do need a central midfielder, I don't know if Cleverley has what it takes. It'll be nigh impossible to find a player of Scholesy's ability (I mean available at a reasonable price), but there is some promise in our youth side - Ryan Tunicliffe is supposed to be better than Pogba (who I think signed a new deal with us, but I won't believe it until Fergie says so), he's supposedly had a great season on loan at pompey. Left back is certainly an area that needs looking at, for some reason neither of the twins seem comfortable playing there.

i reckon Berbatov will probably be sold this year (sadly, I love his play, he brought some real class to the side), to free up some wages, and I have a sneaking suspicion Rio will retire.

It's still gonna be tight this year - I can't see Citeh dropping more points, which means we can't - and then the derby. Fuck I think I'm done classes by then - I might have to get fucking scoobered just to watch it.

The derby i going to be amazing even if the game its shit, i imagine the score being 1-1 with one minute to go and Tevez comes on as a subtitle and scores an own goal.

City will drop points before the derby, they have chelsea and arsenal (and sunderland), United have easy games, maybe the'll drop points against Everton but thats about it.

The derby i going to be amazing even if the game its shit, i imagine the score being 1-1 with one minute to go and Tevez comes on as a subtitle and scores an own goal.

City will drop points before the derby, they have chelsea and arsenal (and sunderland), United have easy games, maybe the'll drop points against Everton but thats about it.

Is the subtitle so he isn't culturally misunderstood? ;)

lol at Citeh dropping points to Chelsea. Maybe..maybe teh Arse wil eke out a draw, but Chelsea? Not even promises of head from the hot physio lady could inspire that lot to beat Citeh. Though I predict the score will be 5-3 for Citeh with Luiz scoring at least 3 goals.

lol damn autocorrect.

The point is, United run before the derby is a cake walk and City's is trickier. Chelsea are shit but they are still Chelsea and Arsenal are on the rise, it wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal take all points.

Well, we've already lost to Blackburn once this season.....and that was at Old Trafford!

lol I know what you mean of course, but I honestly can't see Citeh dropping more than a point. We'll see though. April 30th - it'll be a fucking fuckstick in a fucker for fans of either side.

Guest Gary C

lol damn autocorrect.

The point is, United run before the derby is a cake walk and City's is trickier. Chelsea are shit but they are still Chelsea and Arsenal are on the rise, it wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal take all points.

Arsenal's run is tough too. Man City, Chelsea and Stoke (away) are all losable.

But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal somehow went on winning 'til the end of the season. It'd be nice to get ahead of Spurs, but once again it would be case of us only playing effectively when we've already fucked everything up.

Yeh I expect that City will be more than 3 points behind when it comes to derby day. Their form (especially away from home) is poor and they have a really tough run of games coming up.

Guest Gary C

Tonight is a good one.

7.45 Spurs - Stoke

7.45 City - Chelsea

8.00 QPR - Liverpool

8.00 Everton - Arsenal

Ideally, I'd like to see Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool all lose, and the first two are possible.

But I reckon:

Spurs 2 - 0 Stoke

City 2 - 1 Chelsea

QPR 1 - 1 Liverpool

Everton 1 - 2 Arsenal

Edit: Might take out an accumulator bet on the way home actually.

Guest Mirezzi

Gotta love it. I had a friend just report to me that he felt Liverpool were "...back on the right track"!

Presumably for being slightly less shitty at taking PKs than..........Cardiff City.

Also, this just in: if Manchester City somehow manage to avoid becoming the 2012 equivalent of the 1996 Newcastle United, they may, beyond all unfathomable but hilarious scenarios, owe it to Carlos Tevez. That through ball was absolutely a thing of beauty.

Archived