IGNORED

Premier League Season 2011-2012

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7 goals in 7 games for Cisse...

16 goals in 26 games for Ba...

...5 goals in 35 games for Carroll.

And combined transfer fee for Ba and Cisse 10.5 million quid (all of that from Cisse mind you).

Andy Caroll? 35 million.

fucking lol - 7 million per goal - great return Kenny.

In fairness, that dive and the ensuing yellow - at St. James of all places - was a LOL™ worth at least a few million.

true true.

I really hope Newcastle can find the scratch to keep the side together - they'll be amazing in Europe.

Guest Mirezzi

Ah, good ole Faustino Asprilla. He was a legend for about two weeks during his time at Newcastle.

Andy Carroll shows off his skills

ball-horse.gif

Fucking incrediLOL.

Guest Rambo

i dont know whether i've got anything funny to say about this match! I know it sounds amazing because we have been doing so god damn badly in the league for ages but i honestly think we have been outplayed about 5 times all season, most memorably the Spurs away match. Other than that the style of play has been great. We've just got a few too many mediocre players and definitely no-one who can do well enough what Lucas was doing before he got injured. We've hit the woodwork the most times and missed the most pens BUT at some point you have stop saying we were unlucky and just accept that your shaft is gay. Liverpool's shaft is gay.

Guest Gary C

Fucking lol

untitled-1duyw9.gif

Yeah, unbelievable. Even watching it in real time and especially on replay, all I could think was, "Could he really not be bothered to just pass it into the net? He really would prefer to dive?"

He had Krul beaten and Jonás was late recovering.

I was just about to say; why the fuck did he dive? It looks easier to score.

Guest Mirezzi

Fucking lol

untitled-1duyw9.gif

Yeah, unbelievable. Even watching it in real time and especially on replay, all I could think was, "Could he really not be bothered to just pass it into the net? He really would prefer to dive?"

He had Krul beaten and Jonás was late recovering.

I was just about to say; why the fuck did he dive? It looks easier to score.

Yeah, and honestly, it would have been a fairly excellent and well-earned goal. He was 90% superb on that play, but Carroll's failures are his stupidity and total absence of composure at pivotal moments.

Some Liverpool fan was saying Andy Caroll is as good as Drogba , i was laughing out loud for like 5 minutes, what a fucking delusional miner.

Liverpool need to sack Kenny Dogleash , force Carregar to retire and sell Andy Caroll to some wealthy championship club (because thats the only level he was good at)

ball-horse.gif

Jhonny - do you post on the maxxed football forums?

Ah, good ole Faustino Asprilla. He was a legend for about two weeks during his time at Newcastle.

ball-horse.gif

Fucking incrediLOL.

wikipedia says his nickname in Colombia was "the octopus" because of his voracious appetite.

Rambo - I think if anything, Liverpool's shaft needs to be gayer. perhaps a rigorous regimen of docking in the dressing room prior to the match would put everyone in the right mood.

Guest Gary C

Some Liverpool fan was saying Andy Caroll is as good as Drogba , i was laughing out loud for like 5 minutes, what a fucking delusional miner.

Liverpool need to sack Kenny Dogleash , force Carregar to retire and sell Andy Caroll to some wealthy championship club (because thats the only level he was good at)

I just had this conversation with a colleague. His argument was something like 'Dalglish is the best man for the job', but clearly intimated that his opinion was based on 'passion' and 'history'.

As much as passion and history were important in steering Liverpool out of a very dangerous position, it's not required any more. Even though their signings have been largely poor (Suarez before the race-incident aside) they would probably be in the bottom-half of the table, and trophyless, without them.

But Dalglish isn't suited to the modern league. He's a passionate, but reactionary manager. With him in charge they're more likely to go a goal down and claw their back into the game then go out against the lower-teams and dominate them. Pre-planning and dominating the lesser clubs is exactly how Chelsea and United were successful for so long, and it's the primary reason that Chelsea and Arsenal have been poor for periods this season. Wenger doesn't pre-plan enough either, and after the League Cup loss last year it led to players asking for more information about teams they're about to face. Villas Boas was guilty of underestimating weaker opposition too. Idealistically, managers like Wenger, Villas Boas and Dalglish are single-minded, and focussed on creating their own effective style of play, but it means they fail to exploit other tactical options.

Admittedly it takes a large team and skillset to create a truly fluid style of play, and Liverpool have recruited the right type of players necessary (Downing for wide-play, Adam and Carroll for longballs, Henderson for adaptability and Suarez for a scrappy striker) but Dalglish is too focussed on winning 'the Liverpool way' than picking a balanced team.

Yeah apparently Bielsa (manager of the athletic bilbao side that fucking embarrassed us) watched like 40 different tapes of Schalke before their recent Europe league encounter.

In fairness, that dive and the ensuing yellow - at St. James of all places - was a LOL™ worth at least a few million.

true true.

I really hope Newcastle can find the scratch to keep the side together - they'll be amazing in Europe.

Now that Ben Arfa has found his feet, he's the most exciting player I've seen in a toon shirt since Asprilla.

It's entirely possible that Suarez let out some particularly nasty Uruguayan ass gas right at the vital moment. You know how sensitive the French palate is.

Wigan were robbed, both goals offside. Kind of feel sorry for them but in the other hand i wouldn't shed a tear if they get relegated.

- All those people saying they were wrong about Steve Kean, a bunch of fools. I still wish for QPR to go down but it will probably be Wigan, Blackburn and Wolves.

Archived