IGNORED

Hip Hop (Boom Bap) - The Thread

Npoess

Cheers m8, all credit to the Onion for Subtember 11th tho!

Pete Rock is an absolute fucking legend alright.  I was glued to the college radio hiphop shows in the early-mid 90s and his arrival on the scene was just as big as Wu Tang or Nas (shit, his beats on illmatic!!), TROY was played nonstop, especially the Pete Rock self-remix (which is even better than the original imho, cant find it on YT though but it's not the 'vibes' remix).  Did I mention Pete Rock remixes?

Like a lot of the comments in the video, this is one of the joints that you remember where you were when you first heard it, I'd love to get the full story behind it one day.  The biggest hiphop group at the moment wants a remix?  Sure, I'll just put myself on hype and scratches, add my own verse while we're at it, and bring a beat that kicks doors off the *bomb squad* original. WHAT

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty much an 80s-90s hip hop fan, but the gf is all about female empowerment and I turned her onto Cardi B a few years ago before she blew up.  Anyway, seeing Lizzo and Megan Thee Stallion own their sexuality and body message is refreshing, and grows on ya a little after a while.  YMMV

ps - Houston has an amazing hip hop vintage flea market on the first Sunday on the month, really energizing and diverse group of young people; MC battles, break dancing circles, low riders, good eats.  and the sweet smell of cannabis.

https://www.facebook.com/hiphopvintagefleamarket/

market.jpg

• Like 2