IGNORED

Scouse dialect

Guest rumbo

that is not a typical scouse accent.

that is a severely over exaggerated one, most likely he has learned over the years to over exaggerate his accent to look cool to his mates. this happens a lot in Widnes, where I live. which isn't part of Liverpool or Merseyside at all, yet has a large percentage of young people that think it is cool to talk like that.

i understood every word. mind you, he was repeating the same thing over and over.

I understood that, and "cheeky cunt!"

that is a severely over exaggerated one, most likely he has learned over the years to over exaggerate his accent to look cool to his mates. this happens a lot in Widnes, where I live. which isn't part of Liverpool or Merseyside at all, yet has a large percentage of young people that think it is cool to talk like that.

I seem to remember Liverpudlians speaking much slower.

i understood every word. mind you, he was repeating the same thing over and over.

I understood that, and "cheeky cunt!"

yes, much slower and not exaggerating that throaty, gagging sound on words. it's a rather disparaging way to talk.

thats a perfectly typical scouse accent if you are from a council estate in norris green or something.

as far as scouse being slow, whit? they speak at lightening speed most of the time, and with squeaky high pitched voices.

thats a perfectly typical scouse accent if you are from a council estate in norris green or something.

as far as scouse being slow, whit? they speak at lightening speed most of the time, and with squeaky high pitched voices.

ok. a Scottish dude has more knowledge about this than a person who has spent the vast majority of his life living in and around the area in question.

W A T M M

ok. a Scottish dude has more knowledge about this than a person who has spent the vast majority of his life living in and around the area in question.

W A T M M

mess is scouse you reactionary numpty.

edit: or near enough.

yeah im not technically scouse, but i can be in liverpool on a bus in like 20 mins from my old house. i also spent lots of time hanging around horrible places like norris green, sefton, kensington and toxteth because im a bad person.

and that guy in the bookie just sounds like your bog standard terraced house cunt.

W A T M M

yeah im not technically scouse, but i can be in liverpool on a bus in like 20 mins from my old house. i also spent lots of time hanging around horrible places like norris green, sefton, kensington and toxteth because im a bad person.

and that guy in the bookie just sounds like your bog standard terraced house cunt.

like i said, W A T M M

point i was trying to make is that the proper Liverpudlian accent is not like that at all. Nor is it like John Lennon's.

same thing as people always doing a rather thick Wolverhampton or Dudley accent and palming it off as a Birmingham accent.

i have a council estate souse friend and he talks just like the guy in the video. some people talk fast, some talk slow, same as everywhere else. it's been said that i talk slow 'for a scot' whatever that means.

W A T M M

like i said, W A T M M

point i was trying to make is that the proper Liverpudlian accent is not like that at all. Nor is it like John Lennon's.

same thing as people always doing a rather thick Wolverhampton or Dudley accent and palming it off as a Birmingham accent.

how do you define the 'proper' scouse accent then? people who arent poor? just the way that you speak? there is no proper scouse accent, theres just varying levels of how 'street' it is, and that guy sounds exactly like most the scousers that i know anyway, and i lived there for 20 years.

W A T M M

like i said, W A T M M

how do you define the 'proper' scouse accent then? people who arent poor? just the way that you speak? there is no proper scouse accent, theres just varying levels of how 'street' it is, and that guy sounds exactly like most the scousers that i know anyway, and i lived there for 20 years.

that is exactly the point i was trying to make, but am too stupid to have said it so succinctly.

I'm from Liverpool and dont have astrong accent at all and i'd bet that i'd be one of the most understandable watmmers to anyone not from England. The strongest scouse accent is shit and is quite often exaggerated. The people dont tend to have strong accents where i live although a lot of the kids do because they mostly exaggerate it. It's an identity thing. I actually think some people with Liverpool accents in the media dont even get noted as having Liverpool accents because people only actually notice the strong ones and go "ah, that's a Liverpool accent, they're from Liverpool" So in peoples minds the only Liverpool accent is the over the top one.

i personally get mistaken as being from either newcastle, manchester, or blackpool/saint helens/wigan than liverpool now im in glasgow.

my accent i believe has been warped by 2 years hanging around with glasgwegians though, and glaswegian is a pretty strong and difficult accent understand, if its a strong one.

i personally get mistaken as being from either newcastle, manchester, or blackpool/saint helens/wigan than liverpool now im in glasgow.

my accent i believe has been warped by 2 years hanging around with glasgwegians though, and glaswegian is a pretty strong and difficult accent understand, if its a strong one.

sorry if this question is too personal, but did you move away from Liverpool when you were relatively young (under 18)?

I've lived in a few places, but my accent is mostly a Birmingham one, with a bit of northern influence. My original Essex accent has pretty much completely disappeared.

sorry if this question is too personal, but did you move away from Liverpool when you were relatively young (under 18)?

I've lived in a few places, but my accent is mostly a Birmingham one, with a bit of northern influence. My original Essex accent has pretty much completely disappeared.

not so much, i lived there till 21, and then central glasgow for thee last 2 years. i had a pretty pronounced scouse twinge when i left there, and when i go back home my friend accents sound strong as hell, where they used to sound quite weak in comparison to the accent in the video.

It's like anything isn't it? Depends who you're talking to and whether they want their money back.

ive always enjoyed scousers inability to use the letter H at the beginning of words, and many of them even altering english grammar to accomadate the lack of consonant.

actually are you meant to use 'a' or 'an' in front of words beginning with H? ive never even been sure on this.

Guest Sir Winston

I lived with 3 scousers and they definitely not this fast but it was as pronounced. I also like the way they called everyone 'a bad dickhead' for some reason.

Archived