IGNORED

Scouse dialect

Guest rumbo

ive always enjoyed scousers inability to use the letter H at the beginning of words, and many of them even altering english grammar to accomadate the lack of consonant.

actually are you meant to use 'a' or 'an' in front of words beginning with H? ive never even been sure on this.

usually an a but sometimes an - as in: a hat, an hour.

if you are from a council estate in norris green or something.

My Dad is from a council estate in Norris Green and neither him or his brothers (one of whom lived in that shithole til he died) ever spoke as uninintelligibly as that however pissed off they were.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I know people from Liverpool who've been harder to understand than this guy even after years of knowing them, although the accent itself did sound a little different to this guy. One guy I'm thinking of spoke at a fucking breakneck speed all the time, entire sentences without an break between words.

My old man was born in Speke and there's some subtle undertones of this sort of accent but he's largely poshed himself up these days

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for the input, I'm very interested in English dialects. I guess the most well known Liverpool accent to those outside of the UK is John Lennon?

Guest Coalbucket PI

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for the input, I'm very interested in English dialects. I guess the most well known Liverpool accent to those outside of the UK is John Lennon?

I think he might have just talked funny

ive always enjoyed scousers inability to use the letter H at the beginning of words, and many of them even altering english grammar to accomadate the lack of consonant.

actually are you meant to use 'a' or 'an' in front of words beginning with H? ive never even been sure on this.

what about an hotel?

eh?

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

what about an hotel?

eh?

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

you can use both, but mostly it would be "a hotel", if you use "an" then you should not pronounce the H in hotel - "an 'otel". nobody talks like that except the French though

what about an hotel?

eh?

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

you can use both, but mostly it would be "a hotel", if you use "an" then you should not pronounce the H in hotel - "an 'otel". nobody talks like that except the French though

i can imagine a london person saying "an 'otel". "an hotel" (and "an 'otel") sounds silly.

what about an hotel?

eh?

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

a scouser would say ''an 'otel'' , definetely.

what about an hotel?

eh?

WHAT ABOUT THAT?

a scouser would say ''an 'otel'' , definetely.

lol yeah you're right. ok the french and scourers..

Archived