IGNORED

right so i've got a sketch of a tune

Guest jim

Guest cakeface

my friend and i have been workin on some sort of collaboration in which i make loops and send them to him to stick together, this one is supposed to be an atmospheric dnb track sort of squarepusher- tundra soundworld, it's not finished- i intend to do some additional music to add to it and maybe throw in a few samples to make it more interesting, as it stands there are certain bits i'm not so keen on so if i could have opinions, in particular on:

the throbbing/volume enveloping effect applied to some of the loops

the reversing of the chimey theme, i like the new melody but the fact that the loop was alread smothered in reverb means that the reverse sound doesnt fit as snugly with the chord pattern of the pad

the bitcrushing- too much?

the distorted drums that begin at 1.16, i quite like the effect but i feel that maybe a little more variation on the rhythm

and, of course, anything else you'd like to add

thanks

edit: didn't uload properly, i'll try again

...fixt

Yeah the bitcrush hiss is both a blessing and a curse, it sort of fits the mood of the track but maybe you could use it more sparingly, no problems with the tune though, i really dig it, i like the dark bass undercurrents and those floaty u-ziqy flute sounds over them, when the drums kick in, the bitcrusher becomes more obvious and abit annoying but the drums are solid regardless nice and moving all about. I do like the melodies, remind me abit of "moving through time" by angelo badalamenti , same sort of ethereal nature.

Guest cakeface

Thanks guys, i'll relay the information cos basically all i did was come up with three four-bar loops on my keyboard and record them as audio, such is my expertise at electronic music.

Also, on an unrelated note and just cos i don't think it's worth a new topic, what the fuck is buffer override, i've seen it mentioned by a couple of people on this board and i gather it makes for cool drumbeats- anyone capable of enlightening me?

Archived