IGNORED

GTAV

Guest Gary C

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not watching those.

Amazon says I will get a Tuesday delivery. Might skive work. I can avoid spoilers for a couple of days.

Me too, just had a dispatch email.

Think I'll take a day off on Wednesday could it'll take hours to do the 8gb install

The lightning flash illuminating the cityscape. :gamer:

I gather there's an in-game phone-camera. I just watched a few minutes of a gameplay livestream and the, admittedly terrible, player drove past a desert motel. I'm going to spend so much time taking cinematic photographs.

I'm lying in bed. Looking at the Royal Mail's Track & Trace, hoping it updates and tells me it'll arrive this morning, before I have to leave for work.

Merge with the in-bed thread.

Guest bitroast

I was thinking how if I go to bed now, I'll be closer to waking up and getting GTA V tomorrow. And if I'm line to buy the game tomorrow, and there's someone in front of me in the line, it'll be okay because it's possible he went to bed after me so really he'll have been waiting longer than I have and really, I'm in front of him :)

Is it appropriate to take a day's holiday tomorrow?

1) It's only a game. I should take my holiday with an actual holiday (outside)

2) GTAV is a legitimate holiday from the shittiness of everyday, working life

I can't decide. I've had a cold all last week, and spent this weekend eating soup. Now I feel better (and since I've come in today) I realise I probably can't skive tomorrow. If only I could have let the cold linger for another two days. I just want to smoke hash, drink Coke and immerse myself for a whole day.

I've taken the afternoon off. Figured I'd meet my sensible, adult apprehension half-way.

But rest-assured, when the clock ticks 1pm tomorrow I am getting stoned as fuck.

In other news: there's an accompanying iOS mini-game app, iFruit. I don't know what the deal is for sure, but I think it's a tamagotchi and car-customiser for when you're away from the game. No clue about Android yet.

OK, so i own a copy of GTA V 1186283_10202063534778816_960990076_n.jp

Bought from tesco some minutes ago...

I mistakenly told myself I would be able to buy a PS3 at the same time, but no, so I own GTA V, but no console.

Petition to make that the most IDM thing of 2014.

Anyone decided how they're installing the discs on 360?

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200155686-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Xbox-360-and-PS3-Installation-Requirements

I figured it was Install Disc 1... then install Disc 2, the play disc.

Installing the play disc would mean it wouldn't need to spin so hard during gameplay. But from what I just read, installing the play disc will lead to slower pop-in, which is weird.

Either way, guess I'll be lying my 360 down again.

Real GTA things, too, inspired by GTA V release:

I stole my sister's car to buy GTA V and narrowly avoided police intervention when they flashed their lights at me in an unrelated crime.

2. Tried to buy weed off da st so I could blaze while playing GTA V, but all the guys on the corners either thought I was police or were just chilling there and not drug dealers [i can hardly believe this]

will report back tomorrow with more GTA inspired crime like stealing my sister's car to drive to argos to buy a PS3 and trying to buy weed again but during daytime.

i bought it on psn and have been downloading it for the past couple of hours (18gb). installing now. the weird thing is that sony still hasn't charged my account.

For optimal performance, we recommend only installing the Install Disc, and not also installing the Play Disc to the Xbox 360 Hard Drive or USB drive via Xbox Home (dashboard).

That's it then. I'll just listen to Rockstar and place my 360 in a protective cage so nothing has the chance to scratch the disc.

i bought it on psn and have been downloading it for the past couple of hours (18gb). installing now. the weird thing is that sony still hasn't charged my account.

did you buy it on psn because you couldn't wait or because your blueray lens is also busted?

Oof, shit the bed. Don't install the second disc, Xbox users. Apparently, you might be able to install the second disc on a fast USB to alleviate the disc spinning, but fuck those pop-ins.

Archived