IGNORED

NEWS FLASH: dates for Bloc.2012

Guest BLOCwknd

kinell, thats not half bad.

If some parties spring up as something to do during saturday daytime im all over this. And i have got some mates who live at battersea who might be up for this. Couldnt afford it with hotels though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

So Snoop Dogg? interesting choice. How does that go down...and is he bringing the Tupac hologram w/ him?

Hope so. More targets, the better. Like this glorious English welcome to 50 Cent (he lasted about 4 mins), of which I watched by the side of the stage, pleased as punch. Dance festival crowds will be more kinder I wager. Shame.

^That was one of the funniest moments of my life.

Heheh, was you there tec? Cool. It was very funny indeed. Some dude launched a folding camping chair at him lol, how they got it the distance I have no idea. I was working backstage but had finished my shift so was chilling out at the side of the stage with a beer, awesome moment. I think Green Day was on afterwards....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Coalbucket PI

Wow, this really didn't pan out well did it?

By now everyone will have heard that Bloc 2012 was closed due to crowd safety concerns.

We are all absolutely devastated that this happened, but the safety of everyone on site was paramount.

Given the situation on the ground, we feel that it was the right decision to end the show early.

Bloc will not open on Saturday 7th July so please don’t come to the site.

Stand by for full information on refunds.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jul/07/bloc-weekend-shut-down-police?INTCMP=SRCH

Wow, this really didn't pan out well did it?

By now everyone will have heard that Bloc 2012 was closed due to crowd safety concerns.

We are all absolutely devastated that this happened, but the safety of everyone on site was paramount.

Given the situation on the ground, we feel that it was the right decision to end the show early.

Bloc will not open on Saturday 7th July so please don’t come to the site.

Stand by for full information on refunds.

http://www.guardian....ice?INTCMP=SRCH

Some crzay stuff here for sure. The comments article in this section are an interesting read. Some account sfrom people who were there. RIP BLOC I guess, from the sounds of it they were lucky to not have any injuries. It'll be a difficult one to come back from I guess.

Anyone from here go?

I've never been to such a disaster in all my fucking life..... I know, it's overcrowded in all arenas so let's shut all but one and force thousands of people in one tent at the same time. One with a shit system may I add.

That is a nicely balanced article. It did remind me of 2 more things: 1) the bars were not a problem, plenty of staff etc and six quid for a double and mixer is not bad 2) I stood for 40 minutes waiting for DOOM to play. That's not queueing, that's simply standing in an overcrowded tent waiting for the start.

Guest FuncRandm

It was not good, looks like a host of errors from various parties:

- The site wasn't complete.

- The arenas were badly laid out on the site.

- Possible overselling of tickets.

- The festival itself was running late allowing the queue to back up outside for nearly two hours before people were let in.

- People rushing the barriers at one point.

- Massive queues to get in to any of the arenas.

Really unfortunate given how amazing the lineup looked. Well done to the festival goers for keeping it civil so there were no injuries, it could have ended up pretty bad.

I wrote up a blog piece earlier on this:

http://shapejam.com/blog/bloc-2012-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-queues/

Archived