IGNORED

i just signed this amnesty appeal

Guest mohamed

hey mohamed, remember when watmm was making fun of the arab revolutions ?

Well, they're having a mini-revolution against wall street and stuffs like that. I'd recommend you to go to the Occupy Wall Street thread (OWS) and drop a few sarcastic comments in there

hey mohamed, remember when watmm ..?

watmm isn't one person babar.

babar person one isn't watmmm.

remember when watmm was making fun of the arab revolutions ? they're having a mini-revolution

roight, what i'm saying is the people who were making fun of the arab revolutions won't be the same people who are having a mini-revolution :shrug:

hey mohamed, remember when watmm ..?

babar person one isn't watmmm.

thank you.

yet :

In linguistics, a collective noun is a word used to define a group of objects, where objects can be people, animals, emotions, inanimate things, concepts, or other things. For example, in the phrase "a pride of lions", pride is a collective noun.

blablabla

In BrE, collective nouns can take either singular (formal agreement) or plural (notional agreement) verb forms, according to whether the emphasis is on the body as a whole or on the individual members respectively; compare a committee was appointed with the committee were unable to agree.[11][12] The term the Government always takes a plural verb in British civil service convention, perhaps to emphasise the principle of cabinet collective responsibility.[13] Compare also the following lines of Elvis Costello's song "Oliver's Army": Oliver's Army are on their way / Oliver's Army is here to stay. Some of these nouns, for example staff,[14] actually combine with plural verbs most of the time.

In AmE, collective nouns are almost always singular in construction: the committee was unable to agree. However, when a speaker wishes to emphasize that the individuals are acting separately, a plural pronoun may be employed with a singular or plural verb: the team takes their seats or the team take their seats, rather than the team takes its seats. However, such a sentence would most likely be recast as the team members take their seats.[15] Despite exceptions such as usage in The New York Times, the names of sports teams are usually treated as plurals even if the form of the name is singular.[16]

The difference occurs for all nouns of multitude, both general terms such as team and company and proper nouns (for example where a place name is used to refer to a sports team). For instance,

BrE: The Clash are a well-known band; AmE: The Clash is a well-known band.

BrE: Spain are the champions; AmE: Spain is the champion.

And mind you : i'm not speaking english to have a fucking cup of tea. I'm speaking american because i want to ride a fucking harley davidson.

*inhales meth at 90mph*

and that would be

babar isn't one person, watmm.

Archived