IGNORED

US Senate declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground”

J3FF3R00

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

everyone go to your local walmart and buy some guns n ammo just in case

Shotgun vs tank.... Rifle vs M-16.... Rock vs jet...

We lose. :sad:

Did you actually read Mao's "On Guerilla Warfare"?

Do you think the Vietminh lost?

Do you think the Taliban are losing?

rationality and peace/love are not two sides of the same coin.

the Vietminh's resolve is incredible if you really break it down: the entirety of Vietnam and large chunks of neighboring countries were quite literally razed to the ground, and they still won.

Whitehouse signed off on the bill today, no veto. it's still extremely weird to me almost twilight zone like that all of the headlines say 'obama white house caves on defense authorization veto'

i guess up is down? because there was never a chance Levin and McCain's bill would get a veto since the Obama whitehouse specifically asked him to put that controversial wording in the bill.

haha, im not surprised the truth is too depressing for certain wattm members to continue the conversation but this is a great watch for those who are fed up with Obama.

Obama supporter, Cenk Uygur who used to host the TV show 'the new young turks' says he no longer can support someone who is 'worse than a republican' aka Obama.

yeah....i had an almost three hour convo with a really good friend of mine over why its time to let the obama fantasy go.....and he sounded pretty disturbed...but still going the "hes better than the alternative".

im seriously starting to get a little scared over this nonsense. i can't believe he would want that removed.

Here's what I bet happened - the military said: "we went in and took out osama so you can gain points, now you scratch our back and let us have free reign in the US."

Also why did Carl Levin just roll over and let the administration butcher his section of the bill?

• 3 weeks later...

USA finally became an Alex Jones delusion.

Have fun in FEMA :cisfor:

this, the boiling frog analogy has never been more true than it is today. While we were sitting here making fun of alex jones, because he's ridiculous, one of his paranoid fantasies actually got locked into place by our own congress.

Signed by Obama today....

http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

it looks like according to his signing statement that the provision about U.S. citizens was removed.

that had already been the case before, but only certain provisions were removed. Most of the scary provisions as far as i understand are still in the bill

no they can be, and even before this bill had been signed into law they could be also. Since gitmo the legal framework for indefinite detention of american citizens has been in place, this bill merely reiterates ithat aspect of our now existing law in more specific simplified terms.

Glenn Greenwald lays out how this is not a a new precedent, it was set in 2001

A bill has been introduced to reverse the provisions of the NDAA that allow for indefinite detention of US citizens. Nice to see such a quick response...

Here is a link to a petition to urge your senators to support this bill:

http://act.demandprogress.org/act/ndaa_reversal?source=fb

Archived