IGNORED

afx

Guest thomas stanton

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but what's interesting is he's named the thread "afx", though...

maybe it's just in tribute.

or are we dealing with yet another kroniktronikboy,

or is it the real thing this time?

medium_sherlock-holmes.jpg

Guest Gravity

well anybody could do a search for Analord or Anna Lord or Anal Ord, couldn't they, and come up with Thomas Stanton, right?

Don't forget Analord 5's artwork... :biggrin:

homepage_large.4d7ec1b5.jpg

well anybody could do a search for Analord or Anna Lord or Anal Ord, couldn't they, and come up with Thomas Stanton, right?

Don't forget Analord 5's artwork... :biggrin:

homepage_large.4d7ec1b5.jpg

oh ya I forgot haha

i'd just like to point out that afx has a long history of using his name and music to promote interesting artists that a lot of people would otherwise never find themselves. (tahnaiya russell, zavaloka, joe litrenta, daphne oram, ursula bogner, etc)

additionally, the overemphasis of the identity in electronic music is something that rephlex has discussed on multiiple occasions. coupled with the interview revealing the tuss to be a psychological experiment of which he learned quite a bit from, is it any wonder that we're now, in 2012, being bombarded with all sorts of mysterious music and identities related to aphex twin with only enough information to raise the question, but never to answer the question of whether it's him? the ambiguity seems to me to be the entire point of all of this, y'know, like the end of the shining or something.

anyway, it does not come as a surprise that the majority of people here, including the administrator of the site, are reacting to this incomprehensible phenomenon with xenophobia and hostility.

I understand what you're saying, but Bengafuel = another artist from Lizard Breakfast. same as Doc Deem is.

we'll see how it pans out...

i'd just like to point out that afx has a long history of using his name and music to promote interesting artists that a lot of people would otherwise never find themselves. (tahnaiya russell, zavaloka, joe litrenta, daphne oram, ursula bogner, etc)

additionally, the overemphasis of the identity in electronic music is something that rephlex has discussed on multiiple occasions. coupled with the interview revealing the tuss to be a psychological experiment of which he learned quite a bit from, is it any wonder that we're now, in 2012, being bombarded with all sorts of mysterious music and identities related to aphex twin with only enough information to raise the question, but never to answer the question of whether it's him? ,

also, this is exactly what they want you to think.

and..

the ambiguity seems to me to be the entire point of all of this

exactly.

let's all pretend to be afx so we can get people to pay attention to us and get our music heard.

why the thread title?

so all you have to do to have your own spam thread is have a username that references afx in a small way?

omg thomas stanton! anna lord! analord! no one else could have known... oh wait, wikipedia 'anna lord' and there he is.

wtf @ this thread

Archived