IGNORED

Fenn O'Berg - In Hell

khov

Performed by Chrsitian Fennesz, Jim O'Rourke and Peter Rehberg at the following locations:

20 Nov 2010, Oita, Oitaweb.tv Beppu Tower Hall

19 Nov 2010, Hiroshima, Club Quatro

21 Nov 2010, Fukuoka, Omuta Fuji

24 Nov 2010, Kyoto, Club Metro

22 Nov 2010, Nagoya, Club Quatro

Assembled by Jim O'Rourke at Steamroom Tokyo, 2011

Cut at Dubplates & Mastering, Berlin, 2012

Photograph by Shunichiro Okada

Superb collection of Fenn O’Berg jams from their 2010 Japan tour, in which they forged further west for some wild sets in Beppu and Omuta. While maintaining the sophistication of the In Stereo sessions and tour, these recordings hark back to some classic 20th Century Fenn O’Berg fare, complete with the odd cheeky samples.

on pre-order :

http://editionsmego....lease/eMEGO+141

(I truly loved In Stereo)

• 1 month later...

I really liked in stereo too, tho it took a while to really grow on me. I've been waiting for this new album to come out digitally because I didn't feel like dropping $30 for the 2lp and then another 20 on shipping, but its up on bleep now, dling, so excited. it sounds like its a bit more wild than in stereo, I mean listen to this

http://soundcloud.com/pdis_inpartmaint/fenn-oberg-in-hell-vampires-of

oh man listening to the album now, everyone go buy this

Heard the first three tracks yesterday. Seems like a more restrained continuation of the free-for-all stylings of magic and return rather than in stereo. Made more accessible with guitar and strings (albiet with that crazy Fenn O'Berg treatment). I like it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally addicted to this record. Its true that its combine elements of the first Fennoberg decade (it's playful, with samples) but with the intensity of the latest ones. A very strong record i told you.

Eep, that track taphead posted is a little too out there for my tastes - It kind of sounds like the last jazz band on earth being slowly transported into space.

Archived