IGNORED

Commercial Drones in Civil Airspace

murve33

oh its a big deal alright. Just happens to be completely unstoppable too.

maybe you're right, i just get the impression that this type of fatalism leads to a partial or even complete lack of understanding of why people like me talk about it daily and it's such a concern of mine.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe you're right, i just get the impression that this type of fatalism leads to a partial or even complete lack of understanding of why people like me talk about it daily and it's such a concern of mine.

Word. People increasingly seem to have this mentality of "I can't stop it, so I don't care" and it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Guest Rambo

I used to be like you guys

edit. as i said earlier, my focus has just shifted from how do we stop this future with minimal privacy to how do we do it as well as possible that's all.

It's all about how it is done. Doesn't the enterprise on Star trek TNG have a computer that can observe and listen to any part of the ship? Would you be that unhappy on a ship like that? If not, why?

i think this is why i don't dwell on this type of stuff.

its unstoppable because everyone is like you and thinks its unstopabble.

Guest Rambo

Not at all.

You're not seeing the big picture. You also seem to be trapped in this idea that it's an us vs them thing. I've already explained why it's not. The people are already sharing their lives with the rest of the world online. We are connecting more and more efficiently. Individuals who have created ways of helping us do this have personally benefited massively. We have been gradually doing this more and more efficiently for a very long time. It is what technology (and we) want to do. In this decade augmented reality glasses will be adopted by the people who are using smartphones right now and people will be filming their point of view 24/7.

Not at all.

You're not seeing the big picture. You also seem to be trapped in this idea that it's an us vs them thing. I've already explained why it's not. The people are already sharing their lives with the rest of the world online. We are connecting more and more efficiently. Individuals who have created ways of helping us do this have personally benefited massively. We have been gradually doing this more and more efficiently for a very long time. It is what technology (and we) want to do. In this decade augmented reality glasses will be adopted by the people who are using smartphones right now and people will be filming their point of view 24/7.

Nope.

Not at all.

bigbrother.jpg

Why do you think they've* made a Big Brother TV program? To program and brainwash people into liking being spied on.

"Do you think you should be paying for all those CCTV cameras and their operatives to spy on you, everywhere you go; so they can enslave you and fine you thereby stealing your money for doing nothing wrong? Especially when they use your own money from those fines and taxes to pay for even more CCTV cameras so you have even less privacy and freedom and they claim that the cameras do not work when there is a real crime being committed by the people who control the cameras?"

"OK, I'm standing by ladies and gentleman. We don't have shit to say. We don't have anything to do. But by God, the management of this company deems it necessary that I come on the air at 7 in the morning and shock the shit out of all of you." - An L.A. news anchor just before going on air

If the public wants more CCTV cameras etc. spying on them, then I feel sorry for them for buying into the propaganda.

*THEY is an acronym that stands for The Hierarchy Enslaving You

I used to be like you guys

edit. as i said earlier, my focus has just shifted from how do we stop this future with minimal privacy to how do we do it as well as possible that's all.

It's all about how it is done. Doesn't the enterprise on Star trek TNG have a computer that can observe and listen to any part of the ship? Would you be that unhappy on a ship like that? If not, why?

Never was a star trek man.

Maybe it won't directly affect my life, ever. I just feel like it is unnecessary and I happen to like privacy.

Plus, y'know, I like smoking drugs that are illegal and fucking in public places. :cisfor:

Guest Rambo

Not at all.

Nope.

Maybe you should tell everyone on facebook that they dont want to be on it?

Humanity as a whole is voting with their actions. What's to debate about that? It's undeniable.

Rambo and Jules you should check out that Turley video above, it goes over a lot of the same points i bring up on this forum but a lot more eloquently than i do. If you have any feedback in response to it i promise i wont be a dick

edit: and Rambo you do make a good point that it's not an us VS them thing, so the angle i'm coming at it from is more of a philosophical one. I will be the first to admit that it does seem unstoppable. It reminds me of the foreword for Slaughter House 5 where Vonnegut argues with a friend about an anti-war book, the friend repsonds by saying thats like writing an 'anti-glacier' book.

Humanity as a whole is voting with their actions. What's to debate about that? It's undeniable.

exactly, but what does that mean for society i guess it the point i'm trying to drive home

no such thing

?

"Employee" is just a modern word for slave.

"There are none so blind, as those who refuse to see."

If you'd like to get into it in more detail, you can PM me. :-)

exactly, but what does that mean for society i guess it the point i'm trying to drive home

it means that people are going to do what people are going to do. human nature is very destructive and there is no changing that, imo. it's our nature to build things up and knock them down.

I will definitely check out that video but I wouldnt worry about being a dick if I were you. you are passionate about this subject and it comes across in your posts. no need to aplogize for that.

no such thing

"Employee" is just a modern word for slave

lol, come on

unemployed is another name for a hippie. I know which one I'd rather be...

lol, come on

There is a difference between being self-employed and homeless. There once was a time when people had their own land, grew their own food and were relatively debt-free. Now, people are debt slaves one way or another and are very poor in comparison.

lol, come on

There once was a time when people had their own land, grew their own food and were relatively debt-free.

when and where ?

lol, come on

There is a difference between being self-employed and homeless. There once was a time when people had their own land, grew their own food and were relatively debt-free. Now, people are debt slaves one way or another and are very poor in comparison.

this utopia you speak of does not exist. if humans are involved in it, human nature will prevail no matter what.

Don't forget that "human nature" involves a lot of positive traits as well. Human nature is a complex thing, and it often takes effort and insight to control what aspect of human nature prevails. Love, compassion, hope, creativity, etc are all traits of "human nature" . It really is about balance, and effort. The fact that you use the phrase human nature as a negative connotation, speaks volumes of your world view.

Not to make this an attack or judgement on you, but I just wanted to point that out... think of every positive achievement of mankind... they are all results of human nature as well, so don't forget to see that perspective of things as well.

I don't take that as an attack at all. I always try to see things in a positive light but when you look at the violence in humans throughout history it's hard to see it stopping. there is always an asshole somewhere you go and the saying is true, one apple can spoil a bunch. that is why a utopia is impossible. there will always be someone getting the short end of the stick and wants to rise up.

edit: but yea I don't want to be unclear, my confidence in mankind is not very high

Guest Rambo

Rambo and Jules you should check out that Turley video above, it goes over a lot of the same points i bring up on this forum but a lot more eloquently than i do. If you have any feedback in response to it i promise i wont be a dick

wouldn't expect you to be a dick, you're a sincere guy. Any bits of the interview in particular?

Archived