IGNORED

Blockhead - Interludes After Midnight

Cool, always interested in new Blockhead. The Music Scene was pretty good, better than Uncle Tony's Coloring Book which to me is his worst so far. None are as good as Music by Cavelight or Downtown Science, of course. If you're new to Blockhead, check one of those out.

Guest MrSparkle666

Never listened to any Blockhead before but I like this.

You might know him better as the guy who produced most of the beats behind Aesop Rock, and also a bunch of stuff for other artists on the Def Jux label. His solo work as Blockhead is a little less well known.

5021392727295.jpg

http://ninjatune.net...-after-midnight

Apparently it's some homage to 80s/90s NY late night public access programming or something. Looking forward to it as I love me some Blockhead and all his albums to date have delivered the goods.

thats sounds pretty old skool so far. I hope for Music By Cavelight 2

Cool, always interested in new Blockhead. The Music Scene was pretty good, better than Uncle Tony's Coloring Book which to me is his worst so far. None are as good as Music by Cavelight or Downtown Science, of course. If you're new to Blockhead, check one of those out.

thats sounds pretty old skool so far. I hope for Music By Cavelight 2

Blockhead's funny like this, I'm actually partial to his more recent stuff (The Music Scene and Coloring Book) but can see how people love his first two albums. Definitely going to re-acquaint myself with his back catalogue before this comes out.

Since dj shadow and rjd2 both seem to have lost the plot, Blockhead's been my go-to for creative & soulful sample-constructed productions :music:

The very day I heard of him I got to see him live when I went to San Fran.

He was fooking awesome.

Guest interr0bangr

Dunno how I feel about this one yet. It starts off really weak and then gets really awesome with "Panic In Funkytown" and "Hungover Like Whoa", then the rest of the album is hit or miss but never reaches any really crazy highs. Will hopefully grow on me as I'm a big Blockhead fan.

• 1 month later...

Been playing the shit out of this recently, perfect album for springtime cruising... first time I heard tools of the industry I was like wtf-is-this-shit but now it's def one of my favorite tracks

Archived