IGNORED

Reason introducing plugin support

Root5

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
don't know if you guys know but there's gonna be a dx7 emulator on the new reason version...

that's not in the next version, that's a rack extension that's absolve for Reason 6.5 right now. it came out a few months ago

don't know if you guys know but there's gonna be a dx7 emulator on the new reason version...

that's not in the next version, that's a rack extension that's absolve for Reason 6.5 right now. it came out a few months ago

:( don't talk to me like that.

what a joke

and i bet fools are lined up for these too

why wouldn't one rewire out to a DAW and use ALL of the free plug ins known to man?

retarded

and i am glad i use renoise,PD,reaktor and hardware

100 bucks for a plugin is actually not that bad if it's quality. Ya there are a lot of free plugin out there, but there are aslo a lot of free shitty plugins. Reaktor is like 500 bucks, plus more if you buy instruments for it.

Guest newmicro

I'd like to know what technology (language) the plugins are written in. I posted to the Prop forums, and they won't tell me. It's "hush hush" and only open to companies.

Guest RadarJammer

I'd like to know what technology (language) the plugins are written in. I posted to the Prop forums, and they won't tell me. It's "hush hush" and only open to companies.

I recall a dev saying that it's an easy port from VST, about a days work. all they have to do is "switch the hooks" whatever that means, i'm guessing change the input/outputs from vst standard to reasons standard.

ya there are just points where data can come in or out of the plugin. Like each parameter. I think it's different to expose them to VST than to AU, so I'm sure PH has some api or something they've built. I bet they even have an sdk just for that as they are such ant fuckers about quality.

^^^^^^^

record does not exit anymore

play with audacity or soundforge or audition or the metasynth demo all of which shit on what was record

^^^^^^^

record does not exit anymore

play with audacity or soundforge or audition or the metasynth demo all of which shit on what was record

4 realz? that\s craycray. oh well

• 1 month later...

It stupifies me, though. I've yet to come up with anything cool. The presets it's loaded with are nice, but I need to take my ass back to school. Does anyone have any experience with this kind of synthesis?

FM synthesis is a bit of a headfuck if you're only really used to messing around with subtractive synthesis. I tried to get my head around it a while back but gave up. Might be time to revisit it myself...

Archived