IGNORED

Beach House - Bloom

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I dont see another thread for this so...

On the heels of the dreamy new single “Myth” comes a confirmation of Beach House’s forthcoming fourth LP. It’s called Bloom and it’s out in May. Per the press release, Bloom was recorded at Sonic Ranch Studios in Tornillo, TX, mixed at Electric Lady in NYC, and co-produced by Chris Coady (who also produced Teen Dream) and the band. If your lifestyle includes “lazy summer daydreams” or “back porch vibe sessions,” be ready to roll May 15. Track list and tour dates below.

Track list

01 “Myth”

02 “Wild”

03 “Lazuli”

04 “Other People

05 “The Hours”

06 “Troublemaker”

07 “New Year”

08 “Wishes”

09 “On the Sea”

10 “Irene”

Guest zaphod

"Wild" is my new jam. This album as a whole is really good, but I kind of miss the more subdued sound of their first two albums. I don't think I can ever tire of Victoria's voice though...

Guest zaphod

It sounds like a more cohesive Teen Dream. The leak is shit quality though. It's definitely a more propulsive pop album, but I think it suffers a bit. They sound a little more generic now.

Guest teetime

Beach House is descent. Althought their music gets boring quickly. But what is about the album cover?

8325.jpg

+

Ufabulum Cover

squarepusher_cover_2cd.jpg

=

beach-house-bloom.jpg

:cerious:

Funny coincidence. Both Ufabulum/Bloom release date 15th of may. :cat:

really enjoying the shit out of this

Yeah this record needs to stop playing in my mind.......so good, can't....stop.....listening

• 4 weeks later...

been listening to it some more, first of all, victoria's voice and singing never ceases to impress me, it's just so so rich and expressive, especially on "myth", some of her stylings slightly remind of liz fraser on "heaven or las vegas". the album is somewhat similar to devotion in a way that it sustains a similar atmosphere for the whole duration, but obviously completely different mood and atmosphere, some kind of a power dream-pop thing, it's intoxicating at first but also somewhat detrimental as the songs begin to blur between themselves towards the end and it loses some impact. it's all very even and a bit too safe i think, it lacks the adventurousness of teen dream but instead offers some perfectly conceived pop structures for victoria to work within. compared to devotion (my fav) it seems a bit too rigid and tight, but then it's also interesting in its own right with the adherence to structure and this newly attained matureness.

8.4672/10

Archived