IGNORED

(Legal) Music download request

Dragon

(There are currently no mod/admins to confirm whether or not this is allowed. If this well-meaning thread breaks any of the WATMM rules, or presents any legal issues, please delete it and notify me. Thank You.)

(edit: The request has been taken care of. Thanks everyone!)

OK, so here's the deal. I'm looking for a ridiculously rare and obscure album called "Sign of The Times" by Thomas Buckner.

Discogs:

http://www.discogs.c...release/1186171

After trying and failing at all my other sources, I have struggled to find a legal download site where I can get it. Most places offering the album are based in the US, and will not allow me to purchase it because of my region (I live in the UK). I did, however, find one website - eMusic - which offers the album for £2.10.

There is just one problem - the website requires a subscription at a ridiculous minimum fee. Which means, for some godforsaken reason, I am not allowed to have it, even though I'm willing to pay for it, legally, like you're supposed to.

I see this as a terrible failure on behalf of the music industry, which is basically preventing me from hearing the music I want, even though I'm offering money in return.

So I'm offering $10/£6.50/€7.50 to anyone who can get me this album. Maybe you already have an eMusic subscription, or you live in the US, or you have some other access to it. The album is very cheap, so it's very likely that most of the money will be profit to you.

If anyone can help me, I offer my warmest gratitude. Thank you.

SPECS:

No DRM

WAV, FLAC or MP3 (at least 256kbps constant or V0 variable)

I will pay via PayPal - including necessary fees.

I know, but with the shipping and everything, it just turns out too expensive. I don't even know the shipping costs for that Italian copy, because the link to http://www.poste.it/ is out of date (also, the fact that a link to http://www.poste.it/ would be involved in any way is another reason not to get it...)

the italian one is your best bet. if it's gonna be more than €7.50, it's not going to be much more.

and if that's too much for you, then i guess you don't want it bad enough.

use DRM removal?

Well, that's kinda not the point. He wants DRM-free. Of course, considering the rareity of the album there is going to have to be some compromise.

His best bet does seem to be that italian CD.

How bad does he want this cd? if he can't be bother buying it on iTunes, getting a DRM removal and spend literally minutes removing the protection then i don't think he wants it that bad.

Archived