IGNORED

EURO 2012

Guest MortstoX

I love Balotelli something chronic. The guy is such a character and a great footballer to boot

(see what I did there? I made a kicking joke.)

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate everything the modern Man Citeh stand for...

but Balotelli is so fucking cool

I'd like to echo this sentiment. Fucking hate Man City.

Germany just had nothing going forward. Well done Italy. Now we'll see how Pirlo deals with the Spanish midfield pressure. He's been the player of the tournament so far though.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, I reckon Pirlo did pretty damn well today, too.

Don't forget...he had a whale of a game against Spain to open the tournament, if for no other reason than this:

After a good beginning, things did not go well going forward. Not the germans day, no luck. And a very good italian team, they'd deserve winning the tournament.

Yeah he looked furious and I can totally understand why. They were getting scrappy in the last few minutes.

He's a fantastic goalie and an even better captain. I think Italy have won me over a little bit.

The greasy fucking dago's

Guest Blue Peter Cheat

I think the problem is the youth system. There's a reason why England blocked so many fucking shots in the Euros. They're arguably the best nation on the planet (other than Italy :troll:) at creating the prototype centreback. They also generate a few decent strikers now and again in the Target Man variety. However, in the center of midfield, dogshit. Pure dogshit.

Jack Wilshere, if you listen to most morons on the intertubes, is the greatest fucking central midfielder at the Euros...even though he's not there. That speaks to the sheer desperation to replace Scholes, Lampard, and Gerrard, all three of whom have had mediocre careers internationally. I think Scholes AND Lampard would have been nice options for Woy. Better than the shit they brought anyhow. I'm no fan of Fat Frank, but I thought he was excellent against Napoli and Barcelona.

Okay, rambling here...

I don't think Newcastle were an aberration. Yes, Ba and Cisse were revelations of sorts, but keeping things on topic here, Newcastle were successful in large part because of excellent central midfielders: Cabaye / Tiote. They'll still be there next year, along with Jonas and Ben Arfa. I think Newcastle will continue to do very well.

Yep, coaching is probably the main problem, but the following are also issues: the league, the marketing, the need to attract more and more viewers, and - maybe - English culture generally. There may be a time when the England manager has to pick players from smaller clubs in order to get the personnel required to play the kind of football that international tournaments demand.

Newcastle: who's to say they will still have all those players by the end of next month? In particular Cabaye and Tiote. They've done well thanks to Liverpool's cash. It won't last, they need continued investment.

Guest Mirezzi

The only thing I hate about Spain I extend to Barca. It's not that they're boring; rather, it's that they themselves look bored...or perhaps it's as though they play with a sense of entitlement.

Either way, hats off to them, but I'm ready for them to stop winning tournaments.

Oh well...I will still be thrilled with this tournament thanks to the dismantling of England and Germany back-to-back. Spain had a fucking cakewalk by comparison with France and Portugal.

Archived