IGNORED

Los Angeles

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interpol-logo.jpg

Fuck that. New job? What do you do¿

Nah, I just made a shitty decision to go to law school and now I have to work as a shitty lawyer to pay off my shitty student loans; shit's shitty, don't ever do what I did. Shit.

man the fuck up

Interpol-logo.jpg

Nah, I just made a shitty decision to go to law school and now I have to work as a shitty lawyer to pay off my shitty student loans; shit's shitty, don't ever do what I did. Shit.

man the fuck up

oh god, really?

I don't hate my job, and I'm honestly pretty fucking good at it, but I hate having $2,000+ a month in student loan payments and a job that doesn't even come close to covering that after I factor in stuff that I need to be alive (I got laid off from my first job in 2009 and since then I've had to take a ridiculous pay cut, because that's what happens when you need work) .

I went to law school before the economy tanked, and now I'd recommend that nobody go to law school. Especially if they're going to work in California. That's all.

The good news is I have so many sweet-ass ugly ties now.

Edit: there's actually loan forgiveness for pro-bono or government work after 10 years, but then I wouldn't be able to pay rent, even though that's what I went to law school to do.

i left my student loans in another continent. i recommend this

Back when I was totally unemployed I was pretty intent on pulling this one off, but I was too... unemployed to move

Anyway, without further bitching from me

GO HERE FOR BURGERS

http://www.thecounterburger.com/

http://www.umami.com/umami-burger/

I actually sort of prefer the Counter, but since it's build your own and there are so many options, it's easy to go overboard and ruin your burger.

There is now a Counter in walking distance from my apartment and I will get disgustingly fat.

The burgers at Umami are a little small for the price but they're tasty as fuck.

Everyone says Father's Office is good but they put pork on everything and my gf doesn't touch the swine so I have never been. But Everyone says Pinks Hot Dogs are good too, and they're not, so fuck Everyone.

In-N-Out gets so much praise but it's really not much better than, like, Wendy's. It's good as far as fast food burgers go, I guess.

I need to order a knucklefuck fistsandwich and see what happens.

Will first prepare my anus.

edit: the port and Stilton burger at umami is like crack to me

yuck. i'll save that shit for after the burger.

got some "port soaked" stilton the other day. said they soaked it for three months. looks horrid, ain't touching it yet

Mushrooms and Hamburger are match MIH, IMO

yuck. i'll save that shit for after the burger.

got some "port soaked" stilton the other day. said they soaked it for three months. looks horrid, ain't touching it yet

Mushrooms and Hamburger are match MIH, IMO

The stilton burger at this place is just the tasty burger topped with pure Stilton, and then I think the caramelized onions involve a port reduction. It's not drowning in it and most of the taste is coming from the meat and the Stilton, the way it should be.

The classic umami burger with the shitake and parmesan crisp is great too, though.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Back when I was totally unemployed I was pretty intent on pulling this one off, but I was too... unemployed to move

oh man the SYSTEM got you

oh man the SYSTEM got you

Lol

Has anyone mentioned The Museum of Jurassic Technology yet? It's worth a visit, and it's free! http://www.mjt.org/

Thanks I saw that on a map and wondered what the fuck it was. I'll go find out.

Definitely do it. It is impossible to describe with any degree of accuracy... unless you are really smart.

Btw

People of Los Angeles...

I had a bit of a life-changing event happen last night. I was walking to my car after an improv show in Hollywood and heard loud DRUM N BASS coming trough the walls of a club onto the sidewalk!

I immediately stopped my conversation with my friend and b-lined into the joint to see what the fuck was going on.

Turns out Dragonfly has a WEEKLY DRUM N BASS NIGHT ON THURSDAYS!!!! (and it's only about a mile from where I live!)

http://respectdrumandbass.com/

I seriously think this discovery may end up changing my perspective of Los Angeles in the long run.

Looks like I'm going to be moving back to L.A. in about 6 months to a years time. I took on a new business venture with a client of mine that I visit Weekly in the Fairfax District. Looks promising and if it all adds up well, back to L.A. I go... Well at least the San Gabriel area because I hate living in the DTLA, Hollywood area.

Has anyone mentioned The Museum of Jurassic Technology yet? It's worth a visit, and it's free! http://www.mjt.org/

Definitely do it. It is impossible to describe with any degree of accuracy... unless you are really smart.

Btw

People of Los Angeles...

I had a bit of a life-changing event happen last night. I was walking to my car after an improv show in Hollywood and heard loud DRUM N BASS coming trough the walls of a club onto the sidewalk!

I immediately stopped my conversation with my friend and b-lined into the joint to see what the fuck was going on.

Turns out Dragonfly has a WEEKLY DRUM N BASS NIGHT ON THURSDAYS!!!! (and it's only about a mile from where I live!)

I seriously think this discovery may end up changing my perspective of Los Angeles in the long run.

holy shit

it ain't even on the west side, so I can get my ass over there and back at 2am

Btw

People of Los Angeles...

holy shit

it ain't even on the west side, so I can get my ass over there and back at 2am

There are some good names too!

Loxy, Evol Intent.

Not too shabby. I definitely plan to hit this.

Btw

Umami's Truffle Burger is where it's at.

I had a bit of a life-changing event happen last night. I was walking to my car after an improv show in Hollywood

what show did you see?

I had a bit of a life-changing event happen last night. I was walking to my car after an improv show in Hollywood

what show did you see?

Nothing you would have heard of, most likely.

A free improv/sketch comedy show at The Little Modern Theatre called "Where Eagles Dare".

what show did you see?

wow.

but you were right I had not. we went to the ucb theatre last sunday for assssscat free show.

worth seeing the daring eagles?

Can I plug the LA Derby Dolls here? Go to a game. It's fun. Especially if it's a Ri-Ettes game. They kick ass. Good food trucks usually, too.

LADD isn't the scripted bullshit roller derby, it's pretty fucking intense.

what show did you see?

wow.

but you were right I had not. we went to the ucb theatre last sunday for assssscat free show.

worth seeing the daring eagles?

It's cool. It's free and there was free beer!

It was basically a bunch of newer groups that are affiliated with the UCB and I.O.West.

I go to the UCB quite a bit.

Typical L.A. Response! :)

I honestly wasn't being snarky. I was being serious.

It was basically a bunch of my friends and their friends.

The theater is super small and shitty and doesn't even have a doorknob.

Dang. I was in LA last weekend.

Stayed in Highland Park. All the Latinos kept mean-mugging me.

Highland Park is pretty rough. I did a gig there years ago and across the street was a drive by... I stepped out and there was a dude all bloodied up being taken away on an ambulance.

Archived