IGNORED

Luke Abbott - Modern Driveway

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Yeah, and it ties in nicely with Holkham Drones. Doesn't sound as detailed sonically, though? Might be the preview quality.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

According to Abbott, “this EP is a way for me to release something more digestible, it’s certainly less obtuse than my other work”. Based on the evidence of ‘Modern Driveway’, we’re not entirely sure we agree: Holkham Drones‘ romantic, melody-led techno was a very immediate listen, and the lead cut seems to elaborate Abbott’s winning formula rather than revise it. Either way, we’re looking forward to five tracks of delightfully twinkly electronica.

Modern Driveway is due on June 25.

Tracklist:

1. Modern Driveway

2. Hand Drawn Maps

3. Ovals

4. Carrage

5. Meeting Hill

http://www.factmag.com/2012/05/11/luke-abbott-reveals-full-details-of-his-forthcoming-modern-driveway-ep/

He's playing in Norwich this Saturday with Nathan Fake, should go really.

FFS...you live in Norwich, Sir...tis yer duty.

Do so love Luke...been mates since the olde Playhouse days of hanging, Djing and such...if I wasnae in London and not seeing The XX tomorrow night, would so be there... Havenae seen him since we all went go-karting last summer, in Cromer...awesomes.

FUCKING GO OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND, ERRR, DO NOTHING.

:emotawesomepm9:

@ Caretstik - as an addendum...went to the Clark LP launch in Shoreditch several weeks back...Clark was pish, but Nathan did rock a fat one. Plus my mate Dan Tombs is doing his bastardised visuals for both, so you are on a fucking win. #ONLYIFYOUGOTHOUGH

@ Caretstik - as an addendum...went to the Clark LP launch in Shoreditch several weeks back...Clark was pish, but Nathan did rock a fat one. Plus my mate Dan Tombs is doing his bastardised visuals for both, so you are on a fucking win. #ONLYIFYOUGOTHOUGH

Ha funny I was there as well and this was exactly my thought. Nathan Fake was the man of the night :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

first listen. its laid back. lots of guitar

edit: well maybe not lots. but some.

i like it when he detune bends

Archived