IGNORED

EPL 2012-2013

YO303

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roman never wanted Di Matteo anyways, the only reason he was appointed manager was because Chelsea won the CL. If Fata Benitez fails to win trophies i can see guardiola for Chelsea next season (unless Man City sack Mancini).

Torres is Benitez's home boy, does this appointment means no Falcao for Chelsea?

From another forum:

Neil Ashton has impeccable sources at Chelsea (he even knew what book Torres was reading on the flight to Turin), and that's alarmingly similar to what is actually happening at Chelsea. Ashton alleges that Di Matteo met with Abramovich after he received the job on a permanent basis with a list of transfer targets, with Falcao at the very top. Abramovich made it clear in no uncertain terms that Torres was, and would remain, the club's striker. Falcao, of course, single-handedly took Chelsea to pieces in the Cup Winner's Cup a few weeks later.

Di Matteo was forced to contend with the prospect of getting the most out of a Torres who'd made it clear he didn't fancy the task, and even ordered a complete dossier on how Torres scored his goals. The evidence compiled by Michael Emenalo looked at every goal Torres scored at Liverpool, and effectively found that the expensively-acquired midfield Abramovich had desired is completely ill-suited to supplying Torres... Di Matteo's tactical tinkering since has been all about trying to rectify that, but nothing's clicked.

Unfortunately for Di Matteo, I think it'll be his sacrifice that teaches Abramovich that Torres simply isn't the answer and he was sold a highly expensive dud. Benitez might be able to rejuvenate Torres a little, but if he truly wants Guardiola, who's very much his own man, then Torres will have to go.

The Chelsea circus continues:

An apology from Rafael Benitez for his comments about Chelsea fans would go some way to healing the rift between them, according to the chair of the Chelsea Supporters' Group.

The resentment stems from a fiery relationship between Liverpool and Chelsea when Benitez was at Anfield, with the Spaniard once saying he would never manage Chelsea and appearing to criticise Blues fans by saying they needed flags to get behind their team.

Trizia Fiorellino told Press Association Sport: "I think (an apology) would help for some fans. Even an acceptance of what was said would be a start."

What a bunch of entitled babies.

Oh... and Geoff Shreeves strikes again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SQoOSNe-Obw

Old news, but obviousy Clattenburg has been cleared of the racial abuse allegations. Clattenburg seems like a very arrogant person on the pitch, but I refuse to believe a referee would be to stupid enough to ever say something racially abusing to a player.

Mikel has been charged by the FA with using threatening or abusive words and/or behaviour following Chelsea's dramatic home defeat to Manchester United, during which Fernando Torres and Branislav Ivanovic were sent off.

Ironic.

Funny how it all happened just after the Terry racial abuse trial. I wouldn't be surprised if they made up the allegations, just to get focus off themselves...

/I want to believe.

Not sure where the right place is for this. Anyway, Mitchell Cole died on Friday night, which really upset me. He was a lower-league footballer who played 30 times for Southend, and scored his only goal against the scum Colchester United. He then was a hero at Stevenage where he scored in their FA Trophy win at the new Wembley (the first goal there) and took them up into the Football League for the first time in his history. He was born with a congenital heart defect which forced him out of pro football, and he had a reputation as a very skillful and quick player who should have reached the higher levels if his heart and fitness issues allowed. He died from a heart attack aged 27 and leaves a wife (Joe Cole's sister), 2 children and an unborn 3rd child.

Really sad news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-20566207

Archived