IGNORED

Pinback - Information Retrieved

yshf

Although I thought Summer In Abaddon was a bit weaker in parts that what came before, I'm still excited by new Pinback always.

NEW PINBACK.

Can't tell you guys just how special their first two albums (and several of their b-sides) are to me.

Pinback is one of my favorite bands, I'm very anxious for this and have been for years. Saw the track list yesterday, and I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed that two of the ten tracks were previous released as Record Store Day singles over the last two years. It's been five years since Autumn of the Seraphs, I figured they'd be able to kick out a few more new songs.

yshf, maybe you can post a bit more info in the first post when you create new album threads. The album cover and track listing, for starters. Links are great but it's nice to have actual content in the forums, too.

• 1 month later...

Stream it up

http://soundcheck.wnyc.org/blogs/soundcheck-blog/2012/oct/09/check-ahead-pinback-information-retrieved/

So far... I think I like it. The beginning and end stand out well. Middle of the album feels a bit repetitive and forgettable... Need to listen some more.

I had to resist the urge to download the leak last night. I've been anxious for this forever.

Yesterday the local indie station played a song and I had to turn it off to keep from further spoiling the album for myself. A full listen though, I might do ahead of release.

Bought the vinyl today, already listened twice (to the MP3 downloads). Quite pleased with it so far! Pinback always delivers. I still wish the two Record Store Day EP tracks weren't on it (as long as they were replaced by two other new songs).

This record just keeps growing on me. Drawstring and Sediment are absolutely gorgeous. Love the mysterious artwork and lyrics.

Archived