IGNORED

A song from a work in progress album

747Music

Thats sick man! will the whole album be similar?

More or less. What I have so far varies and I'm not that far along the whole thing. I have about 6 or 7 partially completed song ideas on the go. Thanks for the nice comment! Made my day it did.

Guest Hermann

Really wasn´t expecting that beat either :) really interesting concept and works really well with the track. I was a bit scared of the waveform when I first saw it, but I was pleasently surprised.

@Tempest of Beauty

Quick notes: You could easily extend the intro where the filter opens up. Make it twice as long. I think it would make for a more pleasent opening. And see if you can get the the piano part recorded from a real piano because it would add so much more crisp and life to the tune.

The Tempest of Beauty track would be better without the piano imo. the entire track has this very digital sound to it, so to me, the piano seems kinda out of place. but that's just my opinion. the rest of the track is quite good.

Guest Frankie5fingers

i don't know, i actually think that the piano fits fine but that sitar sounding thing is really whats out of place. maybe if that werent so rough id like it a little more.

overall, great track man. youve been really delivering lately.

i don't know, i actually think that the piano fits fine but that sitar sounding thing is really whats out of place. maybe if that werent so rough id like it a little more.

i agree, the sitar is really kinda harsh in contrast with the other instruments. i like this piece though, sounds like it would fit well in a soundtrack

But I like the sitar, it was the first thing I did with the song. Maybe I'll try other sounds with the same melody. I'll play around a bit more. But like I said, I really like the sitar sound so I'll probably end up keeping it perhaps maybe.

Don't remove the sitar. Maybe just find something that could blend it better. I like it too don't get me wrong, i think you could make it fit a bit better in the mix though. and I liked the pianos as well.

Guest Frankie5fingers

But I like the sitar, it was the first thing I did with the song. Maybe I'll try other sounds with the same melody. I'll play around a bit more. But like I said, I really like the sitar sound so I'll probably end up keeping it perhaps maybe.

its a great sound and doesn't need to be removed. its just a little harsh. like Sergeantk says, just EQ it a little bit more to blend it better into the song.

its a great sound and doesn't need to be removed. its just a little harsh. like Sergeantk says, just EQ it a little bit more to blend it better into the song.

Yeah, I'll play with it a little more. Thanks for the suggestions. :smile:

both quite good tracks. the piano sound at the end of Tempest of Beauty seemed a little out of place with everything else though. not bad, just didn't seem to fit the 'mood' established in the rest of the tracks

I think it would be nice if you would create some kind of dialogue between bass and bells, just a little note that breaks the flow of bass then a little responsive sparkle in bells and so on...until bells could somehow mutate into falling melody. :) Also maybe your songs might benefit from some more gated/abrupt sounds as right now I feel it`s a bit too spacey...I like when some sounds stick more and some just flow over you...but 80s sound has never been my specialty, so maybe it`s not how it`s done. Anyway, good stuff 747.

I think it would be nice if you would create some kind of dialogue between bass and bells, just a little note that breaks the flow of bass then a little responsive sparkle in bells and so on...until bells could somehow mutate into falling melody. :) Also maybe your songs might benefit from some more gated/abrupt sounds as right now I feel it`s a bit too spacey...I like when some sounds stick more and some just flow over you...but 80s sound has never been my specialty, so maybe it`s not how it`s done. Anyway, good stuff 747.

thanks for listening. As Hermann said "Those were all some really good ideas there". I'll try to figure out what dialogue to put in there as I like how that might sound. I also agree that it's a tad too spacey. Perhaps some abrupt percussion or blips would fix that? I could always add another melody line with more of a splash to it. I'll play around some more tonight.

thanks again.

Here's another one I'm working on. It's not mastered or even finalized. But it's not too bad. I just need some feedback on it if you guys don't mind. And yeah, the title is a bit corny. lol.

Awaken To The Dew Of A New Morning

http://soundcloud.com/747music-1/747music-awaken-to-the-dew-of

Guest Frankie5fingers

i really like the jazz piano you kinda got goin on here. but i would suggest kicking it up a notch. what i mean is, more notes and going a bit faster. when i listen that feels like the driving force to me, so i would mess around with it. this sounds really cool man. can't wait to hear the finished product.

Archived