IGNORED

Nice, Nicer, Nicest Volleys: 2012-2013 (League, Europe, World)

Guest Mirezzi

Splitting hairs I think...great weekend for skillfully taken volleys. Dunno though, I think the difficulty curve on the Cisse goal was quite extreme.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong the Cisse one is a worldy, however I like my volleys in the top corner!
  • Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

that Cisse one is ridiculous. How does he do that? The one against Chelsea, the one for Ivory Coast (think it's in this thread somewhere...), and now that.

ifpBZaCb1USCH.gif

A truly special player. He doesn't know which foot is his strongest. Chelsea's midfield is really wonderful. It's almost a shame that they can't find a manager to give them consistency.

Even Torres falls for his feint.

I don't see what's special or especially difficult about that Cisse goal, last season's volley was genuinely unreal, but this is just a standard half volley flying centrally into the net. Plenty of players tend to score goals like this, just not half volleys. If it was a volley I'd think differently. I think Ba's volley early in the season is still a goal of the season contender because the ball is coming from almost behind him, and he's had to position himself so that he hits it forward rather than timing it all wrong and slicing it wide, and he's running, and there's two players behind him. I've never seen anything like it. Look at the way he has to hit it when viewed from the front. It's amazing technique, almost impossible. There was someone at work who was offended at the suggestion that it was a better goal than Van Persie's debut half volley for Man United.

i think Rafeal's was the best of the weekend. don't think this gif has been posted

raf1rrfa.gif

The best goals of this week were Berbatov, then Rafael, then Cisse.

The technique and skill for Berbatov's goal was pretty much martian.

Pat Nevin on match of the day was discussing it with Alan Shearer, Alan preferred Rafael's I think, but said Berbatov's was more difficult, and Nevin said Berbatov's was a 'million times more difficult' or something like that. Yeah...I'm not having that. The ex footballer doesn't know what's he's talking about. Here's another goal that's similar

I could do what Berbatov did, don't think I could score Rafael's even if a tried a thousand times. How do you even attempt it? He's hit it straight like an arrow, that in itself is supreme, he's hit across the ball, he can't put his foot through it, he's hit it with just enough power to be past the keeper before he's got a chance to react, it's like he's controlling it all the way, it's exquisite and delicate which for a volley is rare.

It's relatively easy to do score Berbatov's, it's just the tiny gap and his assuredness that make it impressive.

I don't see what's special or especially difficult about that Cisse goal, last season's volley was genuinely unreal, but this is just a standard half volley flying centrally into the net. Plenty of players tend to score goals like this, just not half volleys. If it was a volley I'd think differently. I think Ba's volley early in the season is still a goal of the season contender because the ball is coming from almost behind him, and he's had to position himself so that he hits it forward rather than timing it all wrong and slicing it wide, and he's running, and there's two players behind him. I've never seen anything like it. Look at the way he has to hit it when viewed from the front. It's amazing technique, almost impossible. There was someone at work who was offended at the suggestion that it was a better goal than Van Persie's debut half volley for Man United.

i think Rafeal's was the best of the weekend. don't think this gif has been posted

raf1rrfa.gif

glad you found that angle for the Rafael goal, I couldn't find it. What a hit.

Guest Mirezzi

Okay, I'll go ahead and say it then. lol. We see dumbasses attempt what Rafael attempted 1,000,000 times per season. Let's call it correctly: he hit the fucking lottery. In that sense, it's nice to watch a lottery winning goal because it's so beautiful. Hence, it's my choice for goal of the week. But in terms of technique, there was no lottery thoughts crossing Berbatov's mind. He was casual, confident, as though he trusted he could do it. Again, back to my point about Rafael's goal: other footballers might not even TRY the turn and volley that Berbatov planted into the top corner.

Guest Mirezzi

Since he's left footed, quite awhile I think.

It's like all these defenders know exactly what he's going to do but his pace with that first touch is too much. Robben was like that for a moment, too.

Archived