IGNORED

I need help with internet providers in Italy

Disappearer

Anyone in Italy or with internet experience there who could help? I'd need internet access for 5 months in an apartment in Milan (studying there). Basically I don't mind if its super fast (I guess 5-8 mb would be more than enough, maybe even less but well...not dial up), I mainly want it in order to use Skype etc to keep contact with people back home, some basic browsing and the odd tv series torrent download now and then. So what's the cheapest, relatively good provider and type of contract/deal I could use? The most important factor is how fast they will be able to connect me (waiting for 20 days- a month wouldn't be nice...), stability and the fact I want something for just 5 months and not have to pay for a full year which I hear it's not really an option with Italian providers. Unless I could just leave after 5 months and let them cut the connection which doesn't really sound nice but oh well...if there's no other way....

i think it's doubtful you will find any provider willing to give you a 5 month contract. i reckon your only real option is a 3G internet USB dongle thing. they're shit and usually slow as fuck but might be the only way to get on line for just 5 months. either that or try and steal someone's wifi.

yeah, seems like your best bet here would be to seek an 'arrangement' with someone else in the building: offer to go halves on the internet bill for the 5 months that you'll be there and/or sexual favours.

i think it's doubtful you will find any provider willing to give you a 5 month contract. i reckon your only real option is a 3G internet USB dongle thing. they're shit and usually slow as fuck but might be the only way to get on line for just 5 months. either that or try and steal someone's wifi.

yeah, seems like your best bet here would be to seek an 'arrangement' with someone else in the building: offer to go halves on the internet bill for the 5 months that you'll be there and/or sexual favours.

I see... It's unbelievable how you are not given a chance for decent internet access. In case those two alternatives won't be possible, although I don't like it, and since I am not left with any other choice I think I'll have to go with the "sign for a year then just vanish at 5 months time" route. It's not like I won't pay for the time I actually USE the service. Actually this is what some Italians even suggested.

Guest Franklin

i like how you use "vanish" in here instead of ur namesake. you are the disappearer after all. that's what I would do.

and dont forget the button rule

i like how you use "vanish" in here instead of ur namesake. you are the disappearer after all. that's what I would do.

and dont forget the button rule

Lol that's right, I mean... I really wanted to play fair and square but.... yeah.... And what's with the buttons?

That's basically all the advice Italian IT helpdesks provide: 'Try fastening your buttons and undoing them again', also called 'rebuttoning'.

Archived