IGNORED

Venus Rover MK0.1 - Extraterrestrial Explorations in Electrocrunk

BobDobalina

In the spirit of our general admiration of space exploration and cosmology here at watmm, I envisaged a megamix to soundtrack future surface excursions to Venus, featuring plenty of old school hiphop & pitched down electro, all crunked out in a rich seamless tapestry not unlike endeavors promulgated by the likes of rob hall or dj food. Tracklist is below and includes Jackson, Newcleus with Beastie Boys (RIP MCA), Dam-Funk, and Plastikman. Enjoy & holler back if you like! :wink:

http://soundcloud.com/remedial/venus-rover-mk0-1

U3kJF.png

Remedial Sound Productions presents...

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

Venus Rover MK0.1

Extraterrestrial Explorations in Electrocrunk

19 tracks ~+++~ 32:19 ~+++~ foreword by Carl Sagan

TRACKLIST

Teebs - Cook, Clean, Pay The Rent

Jurassic 5 - Swingset Breaks

Jackson and His Computer Band - Radio Caca

Eric B. & Rakim - I Know You Got Soul (Acapella)

Cujo - Cat People

Dâm-Funk - Hood Pass Intact

Mantronix - Needle To The Groove (Alternate Version)

Dabrye - Smoking The Edge

Ice Cube - What Can I Do (Remix)

Jedi Knights - Noddy Holder

Wagon Christ - Ataride

Siriusmo - Das Geheimnis

Audio Two - Top Billin'

Newcleus - Jam On It (12" Instrumental)

Beastie Boys - Intergalactic (Acapella)

Octo Octa - I'm Trying

Plastikman - konception

NHK'Koyxen - 638

The Police - When The World Is Running Down, You Make The Best Of What's Still Around

The Venusian surface: Abundant volcanic activity. Average temperatures upwards of 450 centigrade, the result of a runaway greenhouse effect eons ago. An atmosphere 90 times greater in pressure than the earth's, shrouded by dense clouds of sulfuric acid.

This is only a prototype.

• 2 months later...
Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

Just finished listening, this is seriously one amazing mix! Everything flows beautifully and the acapella mash-ups especially sound lush. The Police track at the end was a nice touch, I actually prefer the slowed down version compared to the original! If anything all I can say is that it felt a tad too short, I'd love to hear a longer mix of this sort of style. Seriously nice mix.

Just finished listening, this is seriously one amazing mix!

Thanks man, appreciated!! :beer:

The Police track at the end was a nice touch, I actually prefer the slowed down version compared to the original!

Me too :wink: I love how slowing this track down puts some soul in sting's vocals and reveals the funky ass swing in stu copeland's beat.

If anything all I can say is that it felt a tad too short, I'd love to hear a longer mix of this sort of style.

I hear ya, I originally set out to make this closer to 45min-1hr but ran low on free time and had to put it on life's back burner. Definitely gonna try to make a Side 2 one of these days!

Archived