IGNORED

laptop

FLA FUR BIS FLE

I've not had low-end asus products tho to be fair.

Well HOWDEE DOO, MR FANCY PANTS.

But no, the laptop was top of the line when I bought it. The plastic case was terrible, complete rubbish. I was really happy with the performance of the laptop for some time, but the cosmetic issues became a severe hindrance.

Any how, I ended up going with the Lenovo I posted earlier. 617 beans for 8 gb ram, i5 processor, 2gb dedicated graphics card etc. I also found out that it can be upgraded to 16gb (even though it says the max mem on it is 8). When I get my next IDM Baller check in the mail I might spring for it. Any how, It was the best deal that I could find. I'm very proud of myself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjAHYxSvMss

Laptops are insanely cheap right now. When I bought my Asus, it cost me over 1000. Fuck the past. I want future.

That's weird what you say about having so many problems with asus, I'd heard they are pretty reliable. I was in the market for a new laptop a little while back and had been eyeing up a couple of the asus ones. Primarily I really liked the International warranty they did.. if it breaks down anywhere, you can get it fixed. But as with all those kind of things, you cant be too sure how easy it will be to actually use.

Lenovos are certainly meant to be pretty solid, had quite a few people recommend them to me.

Acer are pretty much universally shit no? I think Sony Vaios are best avoided too, the last one I had was a nightmare.. overheating, breaking hinges, breaking case, eventual motherboard meltdown. It got gigged a fair amount though, but never felt reliable.

Oh.. didnt read the last post.. you got a new laptop!!

Congrats, sounds well good, hope it holds up! Show it love, and it'll love you back.

Guest Franklin

hey sorry reid... didn't mean it like that bro!!!

the product your were describing sounded like it was mid-low end with all the plastic, overheating and shitty hinges.

my co. makes decent money but I can't pay myself very much as it would be too crazy with taxes SO in lieu of personal income I have my co. buy me very nice shit:)

I am in the search of a laptop as well to use it mainly for music making and then a bit as a desktop replacement.

My budget is around 1000 euros/dollars but I still haven't found something exactly as i'd want it, meaning desktop replacement/value for money/ strong enough (i7,16gb ram, room for a second hd which would be an SSD and so on...). I don't care much about extreme portability. Basically those two would be great (both a bit under 1000) but they are not available here.

This HP seems to be really value for money but only available in US:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ZO3BQY?ie=UTF8&tag=craetive-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B007ZO3BQY

This would be my pick but for some reason it has disappeared and isn't available anymore. I mean...i7...ivy....16gb...blu ray-r,18,4 monitor, room for a second HD....just great:

http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Versatile_Performance/K95VM/#overview

Are there any alternatives in this price range/type of laptops-specs?

Archived