IGNORED

William Basinski - Nocturnes

Redruth

Although it may be too soon to say, at the moment the second track might well be my favourite thing he's done. It's quite different (almost digital sounding) to the way the loops are normally manipulated but the pace of the devolution meant that I was engaged throughout rather than the normal mind-wondering/loss-of-sense-of-time feeling you get with his other tracks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, Trail Of Tears is good.

Of course, it's been hanging around for quite a while now but I hadn't heard it again until recently.

Very melancholic stuff - sounds like the kind of thing you might hear at the very end of one's life.

Nice interview below.

http://www.blackbookmag.com/music/william-basinski-discusses-inhabiting-an-eternal-moment-with-nocturnes-1.62558

• 3 weeks later...

Still enjoying this (while unhappily, TH has started to fade for me).

I especially love the last ten minutes of The Trail Of Tears. I kind of wish that had been a complete 60+ min piece all by itself.

• 11 months later...

I wish he'd bung the full version of this on a release (maybe in 20 years when the loop wears out) -

After jasondonervan's sterling effort at creating an hour's worth of OPN's treatment of Chris de Burgh, maybe he'd be up for looping this.

Just a thought.

Archived