IGNORED

turntable massacre

oscillik

Interesting. I don't think that defining something as a first world problem means it doesn't matter, cause obviously they can. Just that it's a matter belonging to the first world.

But does he want to call it a stupid first world problem?

a fair point.

I have a very heavy reel to reel on a high shelf that is definitely being pushed outside of its weight bearing capacity, and I feel it will have similarly devastating consequences should it choose to collapse.

Yeah, don't leave it too late. Like I did :(

Update - it's looking like it'll be a massive hassle to get this thing repaired, as I would have to travel by train down to Southampton to drop it off, then travel back to pick it up.

I think I'm gonna have to buy a new 1210. Which is not easy, since they're discontinued :(

Not go for second hand? I've bought two sets of used 1210s in the past and they're still functioning perfectly, beer an' all.

if I can find a decent second hand one, in original box, that is collectable from around Liverpool / Manchester, then yeah. But it's still gonna be expensive, and to be perfectly honest I've kinda wanted a new one anyway....maybe this is the push I needed to bite the bullet and get a new one.

I dunno. Saving up for a new one means I won't have a turntable for about a year :-\

Archived