IGNORED

hurricane sandy

jules

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the nightly news down here was talking about the possibility that Wall St. will be shut down for the rest of the week...

implications?

no idea, the subway could be fucked to the point of totally needing to be replaced? trying to find solid info

but where will he take his anti-american rage?

its getting too dark to see anything now....but it would seem that the worst of the worst is wrapping up...not much rain coming down anymore...i guess we shall see tomorrow morning.

no it's not mate, you still have 12-24 hours of this shit to go! and then the aftermath and clean up op. shit will be fucked for weeks!

my house and the college i'm spending time at all lost power. the wind is gettin intense around here. but I went to me granpappy's house! ;)

glad you are back indoors safe n sound.

nows not the time to be fuckin around outside, ya know? hope yer grandpappys alright.

14th St & Ave. C in Manhattan:

PHOTO_17928387_148597_43368119_ap_730X550.jpg

is that SUV behind her trying to drive?

sad news, rip

sandy is not letting up

I think the windows are about to break from the wind this is getting real scary in Brooklyn, gusts upward of 85mph

things should start to die down but apparently slowly.

Subway Bridge to Rockaways Underwater

The North Channel bridge, which takes the A train from Howard Beach, Queens, across the island of Broad Channel and into the Rockaways, was submerged by Jamaica Bay shortly before 7 p.m., a Metropolitan Transportation Authority spokesman reported on Twitter.

i also saw on reports that people in highrise apartments are experiencing up to 120mph wind gusts. uncanny. i would honestly be shitting my pants if i were up there...hope none of you are.

Trying to get my friend not to walk her dog. She wants to walk it in like an hour. I'm like, let the dog shit on your floor!

Just saw massive flashes in Eastern Manhattan toward ConEd power plant. At 14th and C. Hearing emergency response. Lights flickered all over the city.

This might be old news... Al Roker reporting from Point Pleasant that the dunes have been compromised and the ocean is flooding into the city.

4-5 days of no subways potentially, this could possibly fuck the economy?

it's interesting - i hope everyone is staying safe - but it's interesting, nonetheless. it can take just a little twitch from nature to completely fuck up all the infrastructure that we've spent years upon years building.

Indeed. Rest easy, unidentified man.

I'm in Brooklyn now and the winds are getting strong. Streetlights went out for a bit, but came back on. House power has browned out. It seems inevitable that the power will go down, but we're fine so far. I'm guessing it'll be out in the middle of the night.

Everybody in the storm - crack your windows open a bit so they don't blow out! I'm staying at my girlfriend's house and hoping I cracked mine enough at home before I left.

4-5 days of no subways potentially, this could possibly fuck the economy?

it's interesting - i hope everyone is staying safe - but it's interesting, nonetheless. it can take just a little twitch from nature to completely fuck up all the infrastructure that we've spent years upon years building.

2012, yo.

Archived