IGNORED

WATMM Mobile Issues

J3FF3R00

• 1 month later...

Odd. And to be clear, this is on the Mobile skin, not the horribly broken IPB Communities App they have admitted is a steaming pile, right?

Aye but it's like a couple of quid. Seems a bit steep for a workaround to a parsing bug introduced in a recent ipb update.

Yeah, but it lets you do a lot more than the Mobile skin or the horrible IPB app ever did...

Yeah.

For example, if I go to a thread with a ton of YouTube vids, maybe 1 or 2 will show up. The rest appear as blank spaces. I think could be an iOS issue.

What's funny is that I just go a new iPhone and I wasn't having the issue on my 3GS with an older iOS.

All video images popped up instantly.

I would actually favor using my phone to browse YouTube heavy threads.

Now, with a fancier phone and current iOS, I can't see anything. Odd indeed.

Pre-upgrade youtube links show up fine, but for some reason any links created after the upgrade appear as a blank space. You can quote the post to reveal the youtube url.

Also, last time I used tapatalk, it sucked. Long threads just wouldn't load. I'll try it again though.

Tapatalk has gotten much better, more stable recently, so I'd consider giving it a try.

Would the community be interested in investing in a iPad/mobile skin for the site? I think it's iPad only (in terms of size), so that might not be the best fit considering it seems a lot of you use your mobile phone to browse WATMM.

Yeah.

For example, if I go to a thread with a ton of YouTube vids, maybe 1 or 2 will show up. The rest appear as blank spaces. I think could be an iOS issue.

What's funny is that I just go a new iPhone and I wasn't having the issue on my 3GS with an older iOS.

All video images popped up instantly.

I would actually favor using my phone to browse YouTube heavy threads.

Now, with a fancier phone and current iOS, I can't see anything. Odd indeed.

my experience exactly

I don't know if this particular issue was brought up, but regarding the YouTube links on tapatalk:

I know people have been posting about blank spaces for safari mobile and tapatalk, but now, it seems like if I'm using the IP Board app and I open a page of a thread with a YouTube link, my YouTube app automatically launches, even if I don't click on anything.

So basically, it's: open tapatalk -> YouTube app opens. Then I close the YouTube app and go back to tapatalk but it reopens the YouTube app again -> repeat.

I don't know if this particular issue was brought up, but regarding the YouTube links on tapatalk:

I know people have been posting about blank spaces for safari mobile and tapatalk, but now, it seems like if I'm using the IP Board app and I open a page of a thread with a YouTube link, my YouTube app automatically launches, even if I don't click on anything.

So basically, it's: open tapatalk -> YouTube app opens. Then I close the YouTube app and go back to tapatalk but it reopens the YouTube app again -> repeat.

Sounds like Tapatalk is using the YT app (if detected) as a handler...

Archived