IGNORED

17.3" vs 15.6"

Guest happycase

Guest happycase

So I've just started school again. I've been using my dad's 17.3" laptop. The specs aren't great AMD A8 Processor, 1.9 Ghz, 6GB RAM. The one thing I really really like about it is the 17.3" screen.

Now I went to Costco where I get my laptops (amazing 90 day no questions asked return policy) and was playing with the 15.6" and wasn't sure if I could go back to a smaller size.

The 15.6" I'm looking at has great specs, 2.4Ghz Intel i-7 processor, 8GB RAM, soft to touch, portable.

I just want to make sure that I have enough space and can do the little bit of gaming I do comfortably.

So, what do you think? Is a 15.6" laptop satisfying enough?

So I've just started school again. I've been using my dad's 17.3" laptop. The specs aren't great AMD A8 Processor, 1.9 Ghz, 6GB RAM. The one thing I really really like about it is the 17.3" screen.

Now I went to Costco where I get my laptops (amazing 90 day no questions asked return policy) and was playing with the 15.6" and wasn't sure if I could go back to a smaller size.

The 15.6" I'm looking at has great specs, 2.4Ghz Intel i-7 processor, 8GB RAM, soft to touch, portable.

I just want to make sure that I have enough space and can do the little bit of gaming I do comfortably.

So, what do you think? Is a 15.6" laptop satisfying enough?

what's the resolution of it? my laptop is 1366x768 and only recently have I noticed how shit it is. you just can't see enough vertically.

Yeah, I bought one of those massive 19.5 inch Asus laptops and it doesn't fit in anything. It is a pain in the ass. Also, who cares about monitor size? When you are using it on outside of your home size really shouldn't be of any concern for most of the things for which you are going to use it. If you want to game just connect an external monitor.

a large screen is certainly nice to compose on when I have alot of tracks going at once, but I have a 15" and have no complaints

I have yet to have a problem fitting it into a backpack, even with a large case on it

Get a 15 inch with a 1920x1080 screen, that's enough workspace for being on the go.

Also, make sure the PC is capable of driving a 2560x1440 monitor, and get a 27" accordingly.

Guest Ron Manager
Get a 15 inch with a 1920x1080 screen, that's enough workspace for being on the go.

Also, make sure the PC is capable of driving a 2560x1440 monitor, and get a 27" accordingly.

Yeah, I just got a 15" with 1920 x 1080. I debated going for 17", but settled for this. Very satisfied - resolution is awesome.

Yeah, I bought one of those massive 19.5 inch Asus laptops and it doesn't fit in anything. It is a pain in the ass. Also, who cares about monitor size? When you are using it on outside of your home size really shouldn't be of any concern for most of the things for which you are going to use it. If you want to game just connect an external monitor.

I care. Just buy a larger case.

I care. Just buy a larger case.

Yeah, but like I said for most things you are going to use it as a portable device for you aren't going to notice the difference between 2 inches and power is much more important.

It's really hard to find anything that will fit a 19.5 inch laptop without ordering something off the net. Especially, not a backpack.

When at home I just plug it into my 27 inch and use the laptop display as a second monitor. It works really well especially for my DAW.

Guest happycase

Ok. Thank you guys. I'm on my way to pick up a 15". I have a second monitor I"m happy with for gaming, and I think the extra processing power is going to help this one last me a few years.

Guest happycase

I picked up a 15.6" HP Envy dv6 with an 2.4 Ghz i-7 processor, 8GB RAM, and to my disappointment, a 1366x768 resolution, for $800. The screen doesn't look very good, but 800 is my budget. There was a 17" i5 processor for around the same price so I might go with that one. For now, I'm going to play around on this for about a week. It has certain lovely features. My fingers feel like they are rubbing the insides of a woman's legs as I type. I also miss my 17 inch monitor. Anyway. Hopefully I will stop noticing how fucking shitty my screen looks. It doesn't take too long for me to adjust to Nintendo 64 graphics, as long as I'm doing something awesome.

Guest disparaissant

i used to have a 15.6" 1366x768 laptop, but now i have a 13" 1440x900 and it is infinitely preferable. size doesn't matter to me as much as pixel density.

Archived