IGNORED

I got a new job!

Guest taxman

So after talking to an agent for months, i've started photographing jewelry for amazon.com. My first day was monday last week. The studio is amazing. It started in january but there are already well over 12 tabletop setups for shooting shoes, handbags, and clothing, and 6 jewelry setups equipped with turntables for shooting stills and 360 degree videos of each piece of jewelry. This is definitely one of the coolest real jobs i've had. I may have lost a lot of my free time compared to photo assisting, but the steady work is definitely nice, and i'm making a better day rate than i ever have before. It's kind of a relief, after working freelance for so long, to have the peace of mind of having steady work.

Congrats man! I have had a steady gig since last August and am loving it. It ends in May and I'm sure I'll miss it. Freelancing is cool and sucks so hard at the same time.

Thanks guys!

Goiter, i cant really say for sure. i've shot lots of diamonds so far. stuff thats over a certain price range gets shot at a different studio nearby thats actually built inside a large vault. no joke.

Braintree, i definitely would. I'm still technically considered freelance but they're trying to hire me as one of their employees, at which point i think i could have the freedom to transfer to different studios as they open.

Archived