IGNORED

BoC at lollapolooza?

apriorion

I couldn't tell anyone whether lol is a worthwhile music festival or not, since I don't have any experience with it. Maybe there is reason to think that lol sucks--that was always my inclination before, to be honest (well, with the exception of the mid-90s ones, but I lived too far away to ever go to those). But to my mind a BOC appearance is a game-changer. Honestly, even if every other act sucks (although that's not true this time: MBV!), it would still be worth it to see BOC.

Upon reflection, it really bugs me that the supposed "leak" about boc being at lollapaloolooszala only states that they've "reached out" to the band. That really doesn't mean jack shit. Fuck, I can "reach out" to anyone I want to come to my party, that doesn't mean that the person will show up, make a commitment, or even answer my goddamn messages.

Oh hai, guyz--I got a totally amazing leaked setlist: I've reached out to David Bowy and Brain Enos to play unplugged electric acoustic tamberines at my birfday party.

Fuck this thread, and fuck music festivals. I'm sorry I even entertained this stupid shit.

Upon reflection, it really bugs me that the supposed "leak" about boc being at lollapaloolooszala only states that they've "reached out" to the band. That really doesn't mean jack shit. Fuck, I can "reach out" to anyone I want to come to my party, that doesn't mean that the person will show up, make a commitment, or even answer my goddamn messages.

Oh hai, guyz--I got a totally amazing leaked setlist: I've reached out to David Bowy and Brain Enos to play unplugged electric acoustic tamberines at my birfday party.

Fuck this thread, and fuck music festivals. I'm sorry I even entertained this stupid shit.

Best post in thread.

Aren't we going to feel dumb when the new album is released and boc announce a tour starting with lollipopooza!

[/boc apologist. boc apologism. apolog-jizm]

Lolita Palooza @thelollaleaker (Feb 13): "Speaking of comebacks... we hear Lolla has reached out to someone VERY interesting. Even we are skeptical of this one."

Lolita Palooza @thelollaleaker (Feb 13): "It's a certain duo, who haven't played live since '01 or put out new material since '06. They're Scottish not Canadian. Details VERY sketchy"

Still not exactly trustworthy but that account belongs to an insider at the festival who as far as I'm aware accurately leaked last year's line-up.

https://twitter.com/thelollaleaker

Details sketchy, guys. By "sketchy", we mean that the organizers of loloyolopolorololoozababy have sent a letter in the mail asking boc to perform, but we aren't sure which Hallmark greeting card they used, if any.

rumors of a new album are rife ... any truth is this?

"yes" (12 March 2012)

NEVAR FORGET!!!1!1!one!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm such a sucker for BOC news, fake or not. Anyways, the pipe dream of seeing BOC play in my neck of the woods is over: http://lineup.lollapalooza.com/

In keeping with the tradition of nearly every thread started in this subforum within the last 5 years, it should be locked. Or we could keep bumping the thread like there's been some last minute change and they're playing at rololopolo anyway.

Archived