IGNORED

BoC at lollapolooza?

apriorion

I hate to do this, but there are these rumors going around. Here's one example.

http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2013/02/lollapalooza-2013-lineup-leaks.html/

I don't buy it, but it is weird that this is a rumor coming from outside the usual boc fan base.

If there is a chance that I might get to see the great boc live, I'm all up ons!

What do ya'll think?

hi im in regluar contact wiht the octogon sun collective and they verified to me that there may be an important announcement regarding the lolololopaloza show thanks but obs i cant tell u exactly what i know i got to tease u a bit ; )))))))))) x

I don't buy it, but it is weird that this is a rumor coming from outside the usual boc fan base.

Maybe exactly because the usual fan would have known how likely this actually is and somebody unfamiliar with BoC just typed a name of an electronic artist they had heard in the list?

Maybe exactly because the usual fan would have known how likely this actually is and somebody unfamiliar with BoC just typed a name of an electronic artist they had heard in the list?

I'm not exactly sure what your point is, but just to clarify, I don't mean to suggest that this is more or less likely because it was typed up by a non-fan. I'm inclined to think it's overall not probable. I just think it is interesting that out of all the bands these people could mention, that they would choose BoC.

BOC at lollapolooza?

fakeshoreblog.com

"no"

That's just one of many places that's talking about the lollapolooza lineup. You can easily find others.

I'm not exactly sure what your point is, but just to clarify, I don't mean to suggest that this is more or less likely because it was typed up by a non-fan. I'm inclined to think it's overall not probable. I just think it is interesting that out of all the bands these people could mention, that they would choose BoC.

I was just trying to say that because the list contains something like BoC it makes it look like the acts were randomly picked because picking BoC randomly out of the group of moderately well known electronic acts is far more likely than BoC actually performing there, which has the probability of about a meteorite hitting the same event.

I was just trying to say that because the list contains something like BoC it makes it look like the acts were randomly picked because picking BoC randomly out of the group of moderately well known electronic acts is far more likely than BoC actually performing there, which has the probability of about a meteorite hitting the same event.

I'm down with that. I see what you were getting at now.

Astronomically improbable, sure. Still, kinda nice to fantasize now and then. *looks wistfully out the window* *sighs*

Wait, I just realized, they aren't playing at LOL. Here's the proof:

1. If a band hasn't played live in a long time, any upcoming performances by that band are going to be big news.

2. If a band has big news and it cares about its fans, the band will tell the fans first, not let it get leaked by some unrelated, probably uninterested people on the interwebz.

3. BOC cares about their fans.

Therefore,

4. If BOC were playing at Lollapalooza, they would have announced it on their website in the "News" section.

5. BOC didn't announce a performance on the "News" section.

Therefore,

6. BOC are not playing at Lollapalooza.

Then again, this argument (though deductively valid) is unsound, since premise 3 is false. Sorry about that.

I think Mosca is the only WATMM member to see them live and as I recall he said it was boring, some hopes are best left unanswered.

I saw them at the Warp Lighthouse Party in October 2000. The start of their set got fucked up due to an incorrect application of spacebar, but after a few minutes they got it going again and it was a fantastic set. In my opinion.

If it's good silent venue then some ambient/chill out acts can be nice live but I've seen some of them in rock festivals and they've mostly turned out to be really out of place. The noise from the crowd and other stages drowns all the details in the music and it just becomes a mush of sound and noise. Especially annoying when the act you're trying to listen has no bass or drums and instead you get the bass and drums blaring from a neighboring stage. Enjoy your lush ambient pads with blast beats..

Lolita Palooza @thelollaleaker (Feb 13): "Speaking of comebacks... we hear Lolla has reached out to someone VERY interesting. Even we are skeptical of this one."

Lolita Palooza @thelollaleaker (Feb 13): "It's a certain duo, who haven't played live since '01 or put out new material since '06. They're Scottish not Canadian. Details VERY sketchy"

Still not exactly trustworthy but that account belongs to an insider at the festival who as far as I'm aware accurately leaked last year's line-up.

https://twitter.com/thelollaleaker

Lolla has reached out? Meaning they've inquired as to wether boc would like to play at a horrible festival? I'm guessing the answer will be mega-positive. It's a bit weird though. Very weird.

Archived