IGNORED

Another school shooting

Guest fiznuthian

Guest fiznuthian

Another school shooting just happened in my local town(s). I'm sure most people remember the Virginia Tech shooting.. this one happened at a New River Community College location in the local mall.

The kid posted on 4chan before he did it apparently..

http://i.imgur.com/ExJzKjO.jpg

The timing seems correct and local news stations are reporting both shotgun shots and the suspect getting out of a white vehicle.

I think I am going to stay at home this weekend... :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We also had a someone go on a stabbing spree with a knife at a Lone Stare College Campus here in Houston.

Guest fiznuthian

Wow that is insane.. I'm definitely scared more by a knife attack than a gun attack, though it's hard to argue they're more lethal.
I just can't imagine some crazy fucker coming at my throat or gut with a knife..

9zsWcaY.jpg

holy shit

so is this happening now ? has he slotted himself yet

e: OH HOW CONVENIENT IT HAPPENED WHEN THEYRE DISCUSSING GUN CONTROL OBAMA UN LIZARD MAN WANTS TO TAKE UR GUNS lock up ur daughters

I wasn't here for the school shooting in ct discussion, but that destroyed my soul and still does when I think about. I really believe that it's a mental health issue, not a gun issue. I have no solutions to offer other than zero media coverage anymore, so the promise of infamy is no longer a motivator.

I wasn't here for the school shooting in ct discussion, but that destroyed my soul and still does when I think about. I really believe that it's a mental health issue, not a gun issue. I have no solutions to offer other than zero media coverage anymore, so the promise of infamy is no longer a motivator.

Yeah media really doesn't help- it's going to be a difficult change that has to come 'from the people' rather than government.

Maybe it's a symptom of a culture that is so heavily about individualism?

Maybe it's a symptom of a culture that is so heavily about individualism?

This is it.

Also willing to bet that after the fact it is revealed that this man was on some pharmaceuticals. 60% chance it's Zoloft.

America has an issue with violence.

This. The media are focusing on guns, they should be focusing on mental issue and the overall mental health of the country.

Instead of discussing the talking points from both parties people should be pushing for serious scientific research, but of course nobody does that because thats not what MSNBC is saying.

What a bunch of fucking idiots.

Guest zaphod

the media are a bunch of fucking vultures. the names of these shooters shouldn't be mentioned, there should simply be no coverage outside of memorializing whoever the victims are. it's more than any one issue.

the media are a bunch of fucking vultures. the names of these shooters shouldn't be mentioned, there should simply be no coverage outside of memorializing whoever the victims are. it's more than any one issue.

yes 100%

If there were guards at schools like we have at airports, court houses, banks, hospitals, etc. then these shootings would be about as frequent as they are at the other places I've mentioned. I'm meaning less frequent, but I think infrequent would be appropriate

If you want to save children's lives you should be supportive of having them guarded. The same way that we are guarded at these other places on a daily basis. Why is it appropriate to guard adults, but less appropriate to guard defenseless children and young adults?

Of course, I personally believe that a society that has a problem with violence is a sick society overall. This is all a matter of freedom and individual rights as well a problem with our government failing miserably at any most, if not all, of its responsibilities to its citizens.

If there were guards at schools like we have at airports, court houses, banks, hospitals, etc. then these shootings would be about as frequent as they are at the other places I've mentioned. I'm meaning less frequent, but I think infrequent would be appropriate

If you want to save children's lives you should be supportive of having them guarded. The same way that we are guarded at these other places on a daily basis. Why is it appropriate to guard adults, but less appropriate to guard defenseless children and young adults?

I think this is a resource issue right here. Don't have enough police force / guards etc to be guarding all the schools.

I think this is a resource issue right here. Don't have enough police force / guards etc to be guarding all the schools.

Well, there are tons of ways to fix that and also I feel your comment is indicative of systematic problems.

For instance, if drugs were all the legal there would be tons of available resources to apply to this one. It might even help the mental health and empathy issue if people could explore our spirituality and medicate with natural substances like marijuana.

Another route would be if the education system was appropriately funded and properly operated. If the "bounty" system was implemented I guarantee you schools would be guarded.

EDIT: I also don't think that legalizing drugs would somehow increase violent crime or anything like that either.

the media is the biggest factor I think. fucking rewarding murderers with fame so they can get ratings and encourage the next number winner. it's like fucking 21st gladiator but no god damn arena

throw his face up there on local news tv if he is on the loose, but otherwise leave that shit for the people in the community who are actually affected.

what you're saying kinda implies that unless people are guarded everywhere, they can't help it but resort to shooting one another. what do you suppose causes us to want to kill so bad? is it just the fact that i can get my hands on a gun?

here is another question: did this kid want to kill people or shoot people? if he didn't have a gun, would he just have gone on to be a valuable member of society or would he have found another way of carrying out his crime?

Archived