IGNORED

BoC Inspirational Stories

Hoodie

boc has been an ever-present force in many of our lives, so i think it would be fitting to share stories that will inspire us to stay true to boc until june 10th. here's one to start (some of you may have already seen this one, but i think it's a good topic starter in any case).

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with BoC. Scenes from his life flashed across the sky and he noticed three sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to him and the other two to BoC. When the last scene of his life had flashed before him, he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life there was only one set of footprints. Dismayed, he asked, "BoC, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me." BoC replied, "Our precious fanboy. We love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you saw only one set of footprints... That was when we were in the studio making lush tunes for you."

My brother Kevin thinks BoC live under his bed. At least that's what I heard him say one night.

He was singing along to Aquarius out loud in his dark bedroom, and I stopped outside his closed door to listen. "Are you there, BoC?" he said. "Where are you? Oh, I see. Under the bed." I giggled softly and tiptoed off to my own room. Kevin's unique perspectives are often a source of amusement. But that night something else lingered long after the humor. I realized for the first time the very different world Kevin lives in.

He was born 30 years ago, mentally disabled as a result of difficulties during labor. Apart from his size (he's 6-foot-2), there are few ways in which he is an adult. He reasons and communicates with the capabilities of a 7-year-old, and he always will. He will probably always believe that BoC lives under his bed, that Santa Claus is the one who fills the space under our tree every Christmas, and that airplanes stay up in the sky because angels carry them. I remember wondering if Kevin realizes he is different. Is he ever dissatisfied with his monotonous life? Up before dawn each day, off to work at a workshop for the disabled, home to walk our cocker spaniel, return to eat his favorite burrito and salsa for dinner, and later to bed.

His heart is pure. He still believes everyone tells the truth, promises must be kept, and when you are wrong, you apologize instead of argue. Free from pride and unconcerned with appearances, Kevin is not afraid to cry when he is hurt, angry or sorry. He is always transparent, always sincere. And he trusts BoC. Not confined by intellectual reasoning, he never questions the intentions of Marcus and Mike. I've never heard him complain about BoC's seven year absence or formulate suspicions about it. I've never seen him doubt the rumors of a new album. I've never caught him listening to Tycho for a fix--trust me, I checked his last.fm.

Even after the buzz of New Clear Dawn let us all down, he still had faith. I'd ask him, "Kevin, do you really think there'll be another BoC album?" and he'd just give me this big ol' warm smile and reply, "Of course there will! We just need to be patient and have faith in BoC!"

Kevin seems to know BoC -- to really be connected with Them, and believe in a way that is difficult for an "educated" person to grasp. BoC seems like his closest companion.

In my moments of doubt and frustrations with IDM, I envy the security Kevin has in his simple faith. It is then that I am most willing to admit that he has some divine knowledge that rises above my mortal questions. It is then I realize that perhaps he is not the one with the handicap -- I am. My obligations, my fear, my pride, my circumstances -- they all become disabilities when I do not trust them to BoC's care.

Who knows if Kevin comprehends things I can never learn?

After all, he has spent his whole life in that kind of innocence, listening to MHTRTC after dark and soaking up the goodness and love of BoC. And one day, when the mysteries of heaven are opened and a new album is finally released, and we are all amazed at how close BoC really is to our hearts, I'll realize that BoC heard the simple prayers of a boy who believed that BoC lived under his bed. Kevin won't be surprised at all!

THAT NIGHT (Inspired by real events)

It was night time and nobody was around in her house. She was just chatting with her friends online and listening so some sweet BOC choons, when one other person joined.

That person wrote slowly and creepely. When the girl asked the person if he/she liked BOC, that person replied with a 'no'. She grew suspicious of that person.

One day when the girl went online it was only her and the creepy person. The creepy person put on it’s camera, and it was a girl in a room full of stuffed toys and AE posters. The girl stared at the other girl and typed ” You’re Next”

The other girl closed down her laptop and ran to her dad's bedroom, when she opened it, her dad was listening to Bine by AE really loud while lying on the floor, and the creepy girl was standing on top of her dad “You’re Next!” she shrieked and ran for the girl.

After that day, sweet BOC choons were never heard from that family's house ever again.

Once BOC were walking from one town to another town with a few of their followers. This was in the initial days. While they were travelling, they happened to pass a lake. They stopped there and BOC told one of the disciples, I am thirsty. Do get me some water from that lake there.

The disciple walked up to the lake. When he reached it, he noticed that some people were washing clothes in the water and, right at that moment, a bullock cart started crossing through the lake. As a result, the water became very muddy, very turbid. The disciple thought, How can I give this muddy water to BOC to drink! So he came back and told BOC, The water in there is very muddy. I dont think it is fit to drink.

After about half an hour, again BOC asked the same disciple to go back to the lake and get him some water to drink. The disciple obediently went back to the lake. This time he found that the lake had absolutely clear water in it. The mud had settled down and the water above it looked fit to be had. So he collected some water in a pot and brought it to BOC.

BOC looked at the water, and then he looked up at the disciple and said, See what you did to make the water clean. You let it be ... and the mud settled down on its own and you got clear water... Your mind is also like that. When it is disturbed, just let it be. Give it a little time. It will settle down on its own. You dont have to put in any effort to calm it down. It will happen. It is effortless.

What did BOC emphasize here? He said, It is effortless. Having 'peace of mind' is not a strenuous job; it is an effortless process. When there is peace inside you, that peace permeates to the outside. It spreads around you and in the environment, such that people around start feeling that peace and grace.

:emotawesomepm9:

okay this is a true story it really works don't read this!!! I wanred u:

there was a family and they had a daughter
one night the family went to a big dinner with the man's boss so they needed a baby sitter. when they were at the dinner the telephone called & so mrs.stephenson said 'yes?' and it was the babbysitter calling. she said "ur daughter won't fall asleep, can I move the livesize BoC statue from her room it's scarring her" - the woman said "Get out of the house & call the police: WE DON'T HAVE A BoC STATUE!!!"

IF YOU DON'T SEND THiS TO 5 OTHER PEOPLE TONIGHT YOU WILL SEE BoC IN THE BEDROOM & 5 MIN LATER YOU'LL DIE!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I met BOC on the bus. I asked them why they were taking the bus, they smiled at me and said they weren't. Then they disappeared. I looked outside and saw them flying away at high speeds into the sun, a tear trickled down my cheek, hand pressed against the window, I whispered "Twoism".

Praying in a Beautiful Place Out In The Country

I want to relate an event which happened nearly 10 years ago. I was 9 at that time, still an EDM listener back then. It happened in a village In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country during the summer holidays.

We (my mom and me) were at The Beach At Redpoint for quite some time when we decided to go back. Normally, after walking for about 10 minutes, we would reach the Diving Station.

My mom asked a friend where our sandals were (we were still at The Beach At Redpoint).The friend pointed in some direction, and my mom then went there. However, soon mom realized we were lost.

We were now in a quite a Beautiful Place Out In The Country. And since it was noon, the ground was quite hot and You Could Feel The Sky. I was scared. I didn’t understand then, our plight, mom was in a big Beautiful Place Out In The Country with her 9-year-old kid and completely lost.

I was scared and didn’t know what to do. So I began to listen to BoC. As a child, the only songs I knew was “Telephasic Workshop” and “Aquarius”. I don’t remember which of the two I played, but I do remember my mother telling me that as soon I had finished playing BoC, a Friendly Stranger stood before my mother. The Friendly Stranger gave mom his chappal (slippers) and told my mom that she had crossed an entire village and currently was in a different village. That woman safely took us back to the Diving Station we were staying at.

My parents told me it was that Friendly Stranger who helped mom back then. However, I know it was Mike and Marcus who helped us.

Archived