IGNORED

vordhosbn

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

The notation's so spot on, I have to ask... are you going to give us all a MIDI file to play with at some point? :D

well, i was thinking of just making it into a small reaper file somehow and maybe share it for science reasons and all. there' a lot of midi of course, but i guess i should have made it using just midi from the beginning. thats how we learn i suppose :)

Guest Qvarcos

The notation's so spot on, I have to ask... are you going to give us all a MIDI file to play with at some point? :D

well, i was thinking of just making it into a small reaper file somehow and maybe share it for science reasons and all.  there' a lot of midi of course, but i guess i should have made it using just midi from the beginning.  thats how we learn i suppose :)
You can share the project file, with the resources of course. That would be cool.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using Tapatalk 4

• 10 months later...
Guest skibby

will do a new mix. i cancelled and created a new sc account. been meaning to provide stems also. thanks for reminding me.

Guest skibby

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

I thought suicide was the sincerest form of flattery.

“Imitation is not just the sincerest form of flattery - it's the sincerest form of learning.”

George Bernard Shaw

where did this disappear to? :cerious: I'm now very intrigued

just did a quick composite of a couple mixes from last year:

https://soundcloud.com/zhaozhou/vordhosbn-cover-composite-july-2014

Wowy this would be hard to do! Great job making this you really nailed the programming and some of the synth voices. The mix seems a little off compared to the original (some elements seem a little forward and could be toned down a tad) but overall really great cover of a tough to cover track!

incredible! well done. Really enjoyed that. Everyone should group together and try to recreate Metz, it seems possible after hearing your version of vordhosbn

incredible! well done. Really enjoyed that. Everyone should group together and try to recreate Metz, it seems possible after hearing your version of vordhosbn

You may not have to wait to long for that....

This inspires me to really dig into my abandoned cover of BoC lighthouse unreleased track, which I want to get sounding as close as possible to a studio version... Someday I'll finish it up.

Guest skibby

the drawback of doing this sort of thing aside from feeling like a talentless copycat is that i want to make it sound identical, while knowing i can't yet.

but it did help me to level up and get more up to speed with improving my own game, whatever precisely that is :)

that said, after digging this project back up, i was doing better on it last year than I am now, which confounds me.

I think 'talentless copycat' is pretty unnecessarily hard on yourself! The accuracy of the programming in this is insane, really can't believe how well made it is. Really shows off a sensitive ear and attention to detail which can only be good things.

Archived