IGNORED

ZOMBIE MOVIES

YEK

dawn of the dead (original) is far too long and relies so much on being "social commentary." plus, the zombie effects are quite laughable.

day of the dead has some fantastic gore sequences but takes place in one sodding white wall location.

zombi 2 is sick.

Fast zombies generally.

Is [rec] considered a zombie movie?

YES, surprised there isn't more love for it in this thread. Such a good film, haven't seen any of the sequels though.

This cropped up in a Cracked article today/recently and it's definitely worth a watch, thought it was really nicely done:

28 Days Later is probably my favorite zombie movie of all time. Fast zombies have always seemed to much more brutal and intense to me.

The 28 Days Later zombies aren't technically zombies, they're alive human beings who are infected - which is kind of horrifying in a totally different way. They don't have super-human powers or anything, they're just people who go freaking crazy and unleash the capabilities of the human body. Much scarier for me, I think I prefer this type.

Although 28 Days Later isn't considered a real zombie flick, I also think it's the best. Probably because it has a superior performance (except maybe the girl) by believable actors... and is directed by my fav director. :emb:

28 Days Later is probably my favorite zombie movie of all time. Fast zombies have always seemed to much more brutal and intense to me.

Yes have to agree with this, and it made the whole thing seem plausible too. I never usually like zombie movies.

Fast zombies generally.

Is [rec] considered a zombie movie?

YES, surprised there isn't more love for it in this thread. Such a good film, haven't seen any of the sequels though.

Spare yourself, they're shameful.

Archived