IGNORED

ZOMBIE MOVIES

YEK

A spectacularly enormous swarm of slow zombies makes for a sense of defeat barring a tactical advantage.

Fast zombies make for better drama. :D

28 days later is a good example i thinks

Guest Sprigg

28 Days Later is probably my favorite zombie movie of all time. Fast zombies have always seemed to much more brutal and intense to me.

Dawn of the Dead (original) and Dead Alive (or braindead to non americans) are still probably my favorites.

Shaun of the Dead is probably the best modern zombie movie to come out in recent memory.

so i guess i prefer slow zombies?

Slow zombies make for a better ambient kinda flick. Fast zombie, as was stated, make for better drama.

IMO 70's European zombie flicks are the best. I can't remember the names of all my favorite ones, though, been so long...

slow zombie lover. recommend dawn of the dead, day of the dead, not land of the dead. john leguizamo assed it all up.

i also really like this short story (Are You There God? It's Me. Also, a Bunch of Zombies.) from an online lit magazine I used to submit to (they never picked my stories, boo hiss).

Maybe it's because of my experience from playing the Left 4 Dead games, but I find the faster zomzombs to be more fascinating. They're automatically a greater threat if they can dash towards you.

Movie-wise, the 2004 Dawn of the Dead is hard to beat for me, though I enjoyed Shaun of the Dead as well.

What zombie movie also has a trans love relationship, flaming motorcycles, a villain who wears white hot pants, and a system of ethics based on rock 'n roll? Oh right, WILD ZERO, the best zombie movie ever.

It falls on the slow zombie side, btw.

I like zombie's to be slower, best example is in Lucio Fulci's ''Zombie'' when the zombie is swimming around with a very docile shark and the zombie bites a chunk out of it. Very passive aggressive scene, and I believe the firse to show that zombies had the skill to scuba dive.

Best example of fast zombies were the Ring Wraiths in LOTR.

The Walking Dead seems to offer slow and fast zombies - they were hinting at possible reasons for differences in them but having not *yet* watched season 3 I don't know if any zombie origin / variant questions have been answered.

I once played a Zombie role playing game with a bunch of chaps from Uni but I can't remember what its called now. That had all types of zombie variants involved. Dead World or something along those lines?

Guest abusivegeorge

As said above Braindead is a favourite of mine. My all time favourite Zombie movie though is definitely the original Dawn of the Dead, two hours of shopping mall hilarious antics? Doesn't get beaten.

Talking zombies, midget zombies, tar man zombies, punk zombies, nuclear blasts, hysterical acting, rabid weasels, genius dialog, great soundtrack and score (808's all over the place), sequels that get more and more absurd as they go on (with the same actors who died in the previous films). All I need, forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-Isymffcb8

Yeah, that movie is so creepy. That black sludge zombie, and the claustrophobic part where they get stuck in a crawl space. Man.

Lol, I didn't know the cramps did a track for the soundtrack.

Guest RadarJammer

I think fresh zombies should be fast and get slower as they deteriorate. has any zombie movies taken that approach?

I think fresh zombies should be fast and get slower as they deteriorate. has any zombie movies taken that approach?

Or what if fresh zombies were slow and easy to kill, but got faster and more cunning as death's grip on them solidified??

WOAH.GIF

Archived