IGNORED

Konx-om-Pax - Selective Recall

Guest konxompax

Guest konxompax

Konx-om-Pax - Selective Recall (Display Copy)

Release Date - 6th Sep 2013

1175416_10151537636146175_838858107_n.jp

1 - Beach in Arran

2 - Melted

3 - Out of Sync

4 - Bang Zylophone

5 - Hint

6 - Annamae

7 - Paisley Centre

8 - Forestry Report

9 - Organ Inst

10 - Jump Move

11 - Grim Stuff

12 - Double Dip

13 - 2001

14 - Appleade

15 - Faunauto

16 - Discount House

17 - Anticipate

http://displaycopy.bandcamp.com/

• 2 weeks later...

The bulk of it was made in my third year of Art School. At the time I was introduced to the prepared piano work of John Cage, and digital glitches of Yasunao Tone. I was sticking microphones down into old broken pianos and drawing onto CDs: making them skip on playback, then recording the outputs. I had a great time experimenting with manipulating sounds and presenting the outcomes visually as part of my course work. Around this time, myself and Richard from Numbers organised a show for Autechre at the Art School. It was definitely one of those lifechanging gigs for me, hearing collapsing polyrhythms so loud that your eyeballs started to vibrate. The week after the show I wrote a couple of tracks directly influenced by that night. My influences being what they were (well, are), and considering the extended time period that these tracks were recorded in, it made sense to self-release the album because I didn't want to compromise the structure. In this sense it's less of an album and more in line with one of my Display Copy mixtapes – random selections of ideas, caught in the moment and compiled over time.

Fucking cool - you organised the Autechre Glasgow gig! +100 internet points, and I will purchase your album tonight.

• 1 month later...

Archived